Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Things you should fix immediately

Things you should fix immediately 8 years 11 months ago #31216

• info7735
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, the Rs Directory is a good effort since there is no component that is really good but there is a few basic things that you need to implement to make it usable.

1. In the backend when you go to the path RSDirectory! -> Entries you can see a list of all the entries.
Below the title you see in which category the entry is assigned. You should be able to see the whole category path. For example if i have two categories with the same subcategories.

Main category "Looking for a Job"
Subcategories "IT", "Web Design" etc
&
Main category "Offering a Job"
Subcategories "IT", "Web Design" etc
it is impossible to see in which category the entry is assigned if you don't open the entry, since all you see below is "Web Design" and not "Looking for a Job -> Web Design".

2. I don't see any way to select if you want to have pagination and the pagination limit. I want to have only 5 entries per page and i don't have menu "List Entries", i only have menus "List Categories".
Where can i set this up?

3. It would be a lot easier if in the select category inside the edit entry and in the filter category on the left in joomla back end you could select first the main category and then on a field below to select the subcategory.

I have around 20 categories with the same 15 subcategories in each category. You can imagine how difficult it for me to find the entry i am looking for.

I hope you can provide a quick solution at least for 1. and 2.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!