Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to set order of entries

How to set order of entries 10 years 3 months ago #26100

• bay.paul
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've created a category and assigned some entries in the category. I want the entries to show up on the front end in alphabetical order. How do i do that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to set order of entries 10 years 3 months ago #26112

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

You can publish your entries using the "List Entries" menu item, to which you can setup the ordering of the listing through the menu item backend configuration options as explained here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...t-in-menu-items.html

You can also enable the ordering fields in the frontend area, for your users to order the entries listed, however they desire.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

How to set order of entries 8 years 11 months ago #31339

• bay.paul
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
If my link I created goes to the Categories, how do I change the listings order. I need a solution to order the entries in each category alpha with A being first. Not sure why this is so difficult. Shouldn't there be a setting in RS Directory to show Entries in Alpha order?

Thanks

How to set order of entries 8 years 10 months ago #31652

I have a similar question. My entries do not need te be ordered alfabetically but according to a certain weight (more important->less important). Can this be done in some way ?
It is very strange that you cannot use a 'ordering-column' and the drag & drop functionality that almost all other Joomla components by default have...
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by ronny.van.der.borght.

How to set order of entries 8 years 10 months ago #31654

One more detail: I could use the 'promoted' feature, but that only gives me 2 weights: promoted or not-promoted. For some categories i have 5 promoted entries but some are more important then others...

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!