Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Yes!

Yes! 10 years 4 months ago #25828

• jeffhoneyager
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
RSJoomla's extensions are always built very well. Easy for the novice, and open for the advanced developer. So, seeing RSDirectory available

I have use SOBIPRO and Mosets Tree - both have benefits and limitations.

Thank you for taking the time to compete in the "Directory Extension" space. You will win!

I'll be looking at it to replace a number of SOBIPRO sites.

Looking forward to finding if RSDirectory supports:

1) Automatic entry expiration (after YY days from entry/creation)
2) Notifications (email) to entry owner XX days before expiration
3) Display entries on a map (see geocode-factory)
4) Search entries by zip code within a radius
5) Claim a listing functionality
6) Bulk imports (I have to move a SobiPRO site with 5,000 entries)
7) RSS feed by category so entries can be displayed on another site
8) SEO - place (append) an entry's content (fields/descriptions) into meta data (this is really important for SEO-ing entries.

Thank you for your efforts!
Last Edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jeffhoneyager. Reason: adding features
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yes! 10 years 4 months ago #25841

• xExcluSIv3x
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I would also like to see the option of being able to import listings from the Sobi extention.

Also I would like to see the following:
  • Advance Search form with range search such as Price and Year
  • Contact seller form via email on each listing

This first release of this extention is looking great and I look forward to future functionality.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michelle.crossley

Yes! 10 years 4 months ago #25860

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

@jeffhoneyager:

1. When creating an entry you can pre-define availability period. This can be set to expire after a couple of days since it was published(for example), or you can set multiple periods and let the user choose from these(having multiple periods to choose from can also have different credit costs).

2. We will consider adding this in the future revisions. For now only 4 emails can be triggered, these are explained here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...-email-messages.html

3. Entries can have a map field with a pinpoint to a specific location, and you can also use the "Map Radius Search" menu item, set a central location and a radius value to display entries within that vicinity:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...t-in-menu-items.html

4. You can search by zip code(but not within a specific radius) though not all zip codes are available to search for. RSDirectory! uses Google map locations, more information here:

developers.google.com/maps/

5. Can you provide me with a more detailed explanation on this?

6. We are currently working on adding importing/exporting/migration capabilities within the component. Unfortunately we cannot provide further details on this.

7. RSS feeds are possible for categories, a Feed Link will show up as a feed icon in the address bar of most modern browsers. Feed example on category in our demo server:

directory.rsjoomla.com/categories/entrie...format=feed&type=rss

8. For SEO, RSDirectory! automatically inserts the entry's title within <title> tag and a part of the entry description within meta description.

@xExcluSIv3x:

a) Advanced filtering as you described can be added via your "Fields" and showed using the "Filtering Module". You can indeed create range searches, dependency dropdown searches and so on.

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/938-fields.html
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...iltering-module.html

b) We will improve the component's functionality in the future.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Yes! 10 years 3 months ago #26121

• jeffhoneyager
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8

Concept: A directory is created with thousands of business listings (lets say bakery businesses) scraped of the web and inserted into RSDirectory!

A bakery owner goes to the directory and finds their listing. They want to claim it. Take a look at:

hottubandpooldirectory.com/pool-and-hot-...igh-plains-spas.html

If you click "Claim This Listing" it goes to an RSFormPro!, registers them onto the site, and charges a small fee in PayPal. Unfortunately I have to link their account to their SOBIpro entry. RSDirectory! should then:
1) assign their listing to the person that paid for it
2) and keep it "unpublished" until verified (or not via parameter)
3) set the expiration date to date + X days (where X is configurable)
4) send and email to the admin (or whoever is designated)

VERY valuable - could be a paid-for plugin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: didie

Yes! 10 years 3 months ago #26201

Yes, the ability to import via CSV or XML file from Sobi or Mosets Tree would be fantastic. There would be no need to use anyone else's extensions for me! hehe.

Yes! 10 years 2 months ago #26606

• dan.phillips
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes, the ability to import via CSV or XML file from Sobi or Mosets Tree would be fantastic. There would be no need to use anyone else's extensions for me! hehe.

+1

Would love to be able to move my mosets listings into this component.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michelle.crossley

Yes! 10 years 2 months ago #26616

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
@dan.phillips,

... a little patience. We are already working on this. The next update will most likely include specialized import tools.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Yes! 9 years 11 months ago #27439

• Aradise
  • Fresh Boarder
I see this post is a few months old and I can't find any other information about this. Are you guys close to releasing a version with import/export features?

Yes! 9 years 10 months ago #27687

• lampi
  • Fresh Boarder
jeffhoneyager wrote:

Concept: A directory is created with thousands of business listings (lets say bakery businesses) scraped of the web and inserted into RSDirectory!

A bakery owner goes to the directory and finds their listing. They want to claim it.

Is there this feature now? Or how can I solve that?

Thank you
Bodo

Yes! 9 years 10 months ago #27834

Is there such a function?

Yes! 9 years 10 months ago #27846

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Aradise wrote:
I see this post is a few months old and I can't find any other information about this. Are you guys close to releasing a version with import/export features?

We always announce new features and revisions on our blog:

http://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/242-rsdirectory-data-backup-sobipro-migration-and-csv-import.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Yes! 8 years 4 months ago #33340

• lampi
  • Fresh Boarder
jeffhoneyager wrote:

A bakery owner goes to the directory and finds their listing. They want to claim it. Take a look at:

hottubandpooldirectory.com/pool-and-hot-...igh-plains-spas.html

If you click "Claim This Listing" it goes to an RSFormPro!, registers them onto the site, and charges a small fee in PayPal. Unfortunately I have to link their account to their SOBIpro entry. RSDirectory! should then:
1) assign their listing to the person that paid for it
2) and keep it "unpublished" until verified (or not via parameter)
3) set the expiration date to date + X days (where X is configurable)
4) send and email to the admin (or whoever is designated)

VERY valuable - could be a paid-for plugin.

When there is this feature?

Bodo

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!