Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Help with multi groups and permissions

Help with multi groups and permissions 1 month 2 weeks ago #43287

I would like to set up the following if at all possible, I am having trouble setting up more than 1 private group in RsEventsPro with access controls.
I did start off with Joomla 4 groups, cloning the Registered group twice for private events types, but I ran into issues allocating duplicate people to the RsEvents Pro Groups.
I may have started off wrong, or maybe this is beyond the capability of the component, this is why I am asking for help.

SETUP
Events type 1 - Public and Visible to all users on the website
Events type 2 - Hidden
Events type 3 - Hidden

I have various groups of people I meet with,
some belong to only Event group 2,
some belong to only Event group 3,
only a few belong to both Event groups 2 & 3.
All are interested in Event type 1

Is this possible?

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with multi groups and permissions 1 month 1 week ago #43335

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

This will require quite a bit of fine-tuning, you will first need to define the groups for your users from RSEvents!Pro > Groups:
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...-started/groups.html

You can add an entire Joomla! default user group or select particular users that will be part of this group. Although not quite sure if this will be an exact match for what you want to achieve you can try having the following groups:

- public group: containing all guest and public users
- group for Events type 2 : this should only contain the users that will be able to see this type of events
- group for Events type 3 : this should only contain the users that will be able to see this type of events
- group for Events type 2 and 3 : this should contain the users that can see both event types

After making sure that these are properly setup and users do not belong to groups with contradicting permissions, you can start setting up your events to only be displayed to certain groups with the help of the "This event will not be visible to the following selected groups" option.

Events type 1 - these should have no restrictions applied
Events type 2 - this should be restricted/hidden for public group users and users belonging to the `group for Events type 3`;
Events type 3 - this should be restricted/hidden for public group users and users belonging to the `group for Events type 2`;
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!