Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Changing HTML in RSEvents override file

Changing HTML in RSEvents override file 2 years 7 months ago #41544

• scarney
  • Fresh Boarder
I am loving RSForms! Pro and RSEvents! Pro integration. Until I got to the point of needing to change the look and feel of the event page. It appears that making HTML changes needs to be done by overriding a PHP file. That seems way too difficult.

Perhaps somebody can give me some pointers. I have followed the instructions to make a copy of show.php as descriped here: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...s-look-and-feel.html

I have to say that this is going way over my head and will require much time to figure out. I am so used to the PHP code and the HTML code being separated. But, apparently not in this case. If I am missing something please let me know. I would like to remove the area that shows I posted the event and shows my email and phone number. I would like to reduce the size of the html for the title and include images, etc...

I am starting to think that the easiest way to get a nice looking event page may be to publish the actual event page to a hidden menu so that nobody sees it. Then create a page with a link to the Join page so people can sign up. But, that seems like too much of a hack.

Any suggestions?

Here is an image of the page I would like to improve: imgur.com/a/u9QUb16

Thanks for any suggestions.

I currently have this page located at healthreboot.com/sign-up/event/1

I am wondering if there might be some layout options with RSEvents Pro like there is with RSForms Pro. Maybe a Bootstrap layout will improve things?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by scarney. Reason: adding another line about possible layout options
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Changing HTML in RSEvents override file 2 years 4 months ago #41735

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

You don't need template overrides for these adjustments, for example:

1. 'I would like to remove the area that shows I posted the event and shows my email and phone number.'

While editing your event > Frontend tab > uncheck the following options:

Show contact information
Show posted by

2. 'I would like to reduce the size of the html for the title'

You can add something similar in one of your template CSS files:

#rs_event_show h1 {
font-size: 2.5rem;
}

3. 'include images'

There are multiple ways images can be included, for example, using the Event Description area (you should notice an Image button on the editor), you can also load content plugins here. If you have an RSMediaGallery! subscription, there's an integration available between RSEvents!Pro and RSMediaGallery! which allows you to load galleries, find out more information here.

You can also add images to your event simply through the 'Files' tab, however, these will be displayed as downloadable files.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!