Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: My Google Maps disappeared on front end

My Google Maps disappeared on front end 4 years 1 month ago #39915

• Pomond
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi!

I just noted that my Google Maps as used on my site in RSEvents Pro have stopped appearing in event listings. I just noticed this; I've been working my site through upgrades to PHP 7 and other standard extension upgrades et al, and all appeared to be working correctly ... but then I noticed the Google Maps aren't rendering on the front end.

Here's an example event listing where the maps don't appear on my site:
https://mckinleypark.news/events/featured-events/event/12040-southwest-canvass-for-bernie-sanders

Note that general (non API-linked) Google Maps still do render on the site and appear correctly, e.g. at https://mckinleypark.news/neighborhood.

The maps on Joomla's back end for RSEventsPro (e.g. on Components > RSEventsPro > Locations ) do render correctly on the back end.

I do have another Joomla component (Hotspots from CompoJoom) that shows similar behavior: Google Maps aren't rendering correctly on the front end. (e.g. https://mckinleypark.news/component/hotspots/?Itemid=1047)

in Chrome, the Console shows the following error and warning messages:

12040-southwest-canvass-for-bernie-sanders:146 Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(...).rsjoomlamap is not a function
at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (12040-southwest-canvass-for-bernie-sanders:146)
at l (jquery.min.js:2)
at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.min.js:2)
at Function.ready (jquery.min.js:2)
at HTMLDocument.A (jquery.min.js:2)
(anonymous) @ 12040-southwest-canvass-for-bernie-sanders:146
l @ jquery.min.js:2
fireWith @ jquery.min.js:2
ready @ jquery.min.js:2
A @ jquery.min.js:2
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/include.preload.js.map
DevTools failed to parse SourceMap: chrome-extension://cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb/include.postload.js.map

Google Maps JavaScript API warning: RetiredVersion developers.google.com/maps/documentation...ages#retired-version

Note that I did check to make sure that my Google Maps API key is active in the Google management area, and that the correct API value is inserted into Components > RSEventsPro > Settings > Maps. Nothing changed here, but I did verify it was correct. (Also, I am not "over budget" or owe any money for my use of Google Maps.)

Can you please help troubleshoot this issue? Do I need a new API key from Google maps, or is there something on my end to fix? Thanks in advance for your help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dragos

My Google Maps disappeared on front end 4 years 1 month ago #39967

• dragos
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 102
Hello,

Most likely you will need to adjust / update the template overrides you might be using for the component, you can find such under your template / HTML path.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pomond

My Google Maps disappeared on front end 4 years 1 month ago #39973

• Pomond
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes; thanks! The issue was with another module on the page: There were options for this other third-party module to load Bootstrap, Javascript, etc. or not. By turning all of these options off, i now get the maps to display correctly.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!