Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Barcode Scanning Solution using codeREADr app

Barcode Scanning Solution using codeREADr app 6 years 9 months ago #37142

• rakeshy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
For quite some time I have been looking for a good way to validate the tickets at the entry of my events. I find the offered solution by RSjoomla (no offence) insufficient.

By using the codeREADr system, you can easily scan barcodes with your mobile phone. It works with the RSevents barcodes and many more.

They say they are the: Best-in-Class iOS and Android OS barcode scanners and AIDC tools since 2008.

I've looked around and I think this is the best way to have an easy ticket validation going with RSevents.

Before you continue, it is good to see their Pricelist. https://secure.codereadr.com/pricing/

To be clear, I am not connected to codeREADr what so ever, or trying to sell you their services. I simply offer my solution here.

What I have created is a way to have RSevents work together with codeREADr by bridging the CSV export of RSevents with the CSV database (3 column) import of codeREADr. By using the FileMaker tool I created, you can easily convert the CSV file and when all the barcode scan's are done using codeREADr app, bring this CSV data back to RSevents with SQL to have all the validations updated.

Here you can download the FileMaker runtime CSV CONVERTER for Windows or Mac:
CSV_Converter v1

Hope this is something useful for you and your events.
Last Edit: 6 years 9 months ago by rakeshy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!