Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Waiting list & payment

Waiting list & payment 6 years 11 months ago #36804

• stevent
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I need some help on this:

I have client who uses RSEvents for publishing training courses. Users have to pay a fee to participate. I use the RSEvents cart system and the Dutch iDeal plugin for payment. These courses are very popular and fully booked months in advance. The courses have two fees: one for doctors and a discount fee for assistants.

RSEvents doesn't have an option for a waiting list. So I've created a workaround: I've made a template override where a 'waiting list' button appears if the maximum registered users is reached. This links to a RSForm, with the event-id. Users have to fill out their name and address and RSForm will store the event-id and create a unique link to a second form. The admin will receive an email with all the details.

Here's my problem: if a regular attendee decides cancel his participation in the course, the admin can not remove that person from the event, before the first user on the waiting list has enrolled and payed the fee. (Otherwise the first random person who will visit the site will be able to enroll, since registration will be open again)

What I would like to do is send the one on the waiting list a unique link, where he's presented with a form with the previous details already filled out and a payment option (with a discount) depending on the type of course. After the payment is successful, the user has to be added automatically to the attendee list of the event, so that the admin can safely remove the one who canceled his participation.

Form 1 is no problem. Form 2 is so far no problem, that I'm able to fill out the previous entered information through a query based on the unique parameter in the link.
My problem is, I can't seem to get the RSEvent fields working if the form isn't linked directly from an RSEvent page. How can I add the fee and the discount of the event dynamically to the form, without having to create a separate form for each waiting list / event?
And is there an easy way to add the user to the event after a succesfull payment? Or do I have to use the RSForm mapping option?

Maybe I am making this more complex than needed and there is a way more simple approach?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!