Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Event Registration with Cart Plugin Installed

Event Registration with Cart Plugin Installed 7 years 8 months ago #35551

• bhupi5
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

One of my clients has multiple "summer camps" on their website, and we plan to use RSEvents to store these events and use the cart plugin so that people can register for these summer camps.

With that said, the camps require a robust registration form since we need a lot of information. I have noticed that in the Cart plugin webpage, it says that the RSFrom - RSEvents integration plugin will no longer function as the Cart completely redoes the subscription process. My question is, is it still possible to create a registration form that is capable to taking in a large amount of information with the cart plugin?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Event Registration with Cart Plugin Installed 7 years 8 months ago #35554

• sux2blow
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm wondering something similar. Can the registration form be customized from the front end? I have my end users create the events and want them to be able to add the extra form fields that they specifically need.

Event Registration with Cart Plugin Installed 7 years 3 months ago #36310

• jukeboxjunkey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I've used the event's custom form fields however they are not nearly as attractive and efficient as RSForm!Pro's.

Now for each event/ticket a new form must manually be created from within each ticket (unless you copied an event and changed the event details). If you have a bunch of form fields this could be time consuming. For non-cart forms, selection of RSForm!Pro forms was a very efficient solution.

Also, the data from the cart ticket's custom forms are not managed well. You can't simply export the subscribers and open cleanly using excel like you can using RSForm!Pro. In my mind the current solution is ridiculous.

Both RSMembership! and the RSEvent!'s Cart plugin should offer the RSForm!Pro form selection as an option. It would be a hugely powerful option that would help make their components stand apart from their competition and it just doesn't make sense why they do not.

Event Registration with Cart Plugin Installed 7 years 3 months ago #36337

• RPPEO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Exactly the issue we are having with this plugin. It's too restrictive, the Common fields are great if you only offer a single event type, recreating the Custom Fields per ticket is beyond tedious and creates too many opportunities for human error. Please integrate with RSForms.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!