Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Upgrade of the dompdf library

Upgrade of the dompdf library 8 years 7 months ago #32185

Hi there, I wanted to suggest everyone, and the developers of an upgrade that I successfully did.

WARNING: MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR SITE/WORK prior to performing any modification of the existing packages.

I went to the joomla! folder where the components are stored, and looked for the dompdf library, which is the one converting documents into pdf, like the tickets in RSEventsPro!

This is located in my case, here:

.../components/com_rseventspro/helpers/pdf/

there you find a folder called dompdf

You can then download a newer package here: github.com/dompdf/dompdf/releases/tag/v0.6.1

DO NOT DOWNLOAD version 0.7.0 since it is not compatible with RSEventsPro!

Unpack and install the new library in the same place where the previous existed. You may want to rename the previous dompdf folder to dompdf_old to re-use it in case of issues.

Restart your webserver just to be sure..

Improvements I experienced were:

1) PDF generation moved down from 41 seconds to 12 seconds (!)
2) Generated PDF size moved from 1.1 Mb to only 4Kb (!!)

To me it was just perfect.

A suggestion to the developers would be to test it and eventually pack it with RSEventsPro! update.

Regards AG
Elemento Tango
www.elementotango.it
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by andreagatti1970.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upgrade of the dompdf library 8 years 6 months ago #32312

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

We've updated the PDF Plugin, however please note that the improvements you were seeing were a result of some code (that we've modified in the dompdf library) being removed after your manual update:
1) PDF generation moved down from 41 seconds to 12 seconds (!) - because your font was no longer taken into account thus a default, lighter font was used to generate the PDF.
2) Generated PDF size moved from 1.1 Mb to only 4Kb (!!) - when using a font in a PDF, that font is embedded within the PDF so that it can be displayed on all devices. Naturally, the font was no longer embedded in the file.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Upgrade of the dompdf library 4 years 10 months ago #39100

• rakeshy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The 0.6.2 version github.com/dompdf/dompdf/releases/v0.6.2

works easily by replacing this code within dompdf_config.inc.php
def("DOMPDF_DEFAULT_PAPER_SIZE", "letter");

/**
 * The default font family
 * Used if no suitable fonts can be found. This must exist in the font folder.
 * @var string
 */
def("DOMPDF_DEFAULT_FONT", "serif");

with
$plugin = JPluginHelper::getPlugin('system','rsepropdf');
$params = isset($plugin->params) ? $plugin->params : '';
$registry = new JRegistry;
$registry->loadString($params);

def("DOMPDF_DEFAULT_PAPER_SIZE", $registry->get('paper','a4'));
def("DOMPDF_DEFAULT_PAPER_ORIENTATION", $registry->get('orientation','portrait'));
def("DOMPDF_DEFAULT_FONT", $registry->get('font','serif'));
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by rakeshy.

Upgrade of the dompdf library 4 years 10 months ago #39101

• rakeshy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
When using tables, the html <tbody> still gives the DOMText::getAttribute() error in version 0.6.2
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by rakeshy.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!