Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Filter Mechanism could be improved with selection!

Filter Mechanism could be improved with selection! 9 years 2 months ago #30445

• badimba
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
The event filter on the Calendar view and List view is not so well thought out.

While it does offer maximum flexibility in filtering events, it leaves users a little bewildered as to what is expected of them.

e.g. As a user how am I supposed to know what event categories there are, so that I can type that name? The category field should therefor be a drop down option to be useful here. Personally I think this applies to Tags as well but that could get messy.

The others are OK in this format although you could argue the same as above for Title too, that's a little easier, as they can see some titles in the Cal or List.

PLEASE reconsider this filter and at least make the categories filter more useful...
Last Edit: 9 years 2 months ago by badimba.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Filter Mechanism could be improved with selection! 7 years 6 months ago #35972

• jayrigby
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you ever solve this issue? Would really like to do the same thing with a dropdown - especially for the categories.

Thanks!
Jay
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!