Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Use valid email address

Use valid email address 9 years 4 months ago #29559

• lucvg
  • Fresh Boarder
Just test now the RS Events Pro. I setup an event, and now try to buy some tickets....

But in the registration form, I always receive the error : Please use a valid email address, this while this is ok.

What I am doing wrong.

Luc
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Use valid email address 7 years 10 months ago #35319

• stevent
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
At first I thought it had to do with a hyphen in my email address, but it turns out you get an error if the email is already on the list of attendees, wether or not the subscription is approved. This prevents someone from registering twice with the same email.

But there's a drawback: suppose someone registers for an event, but for some reason payment fails. The user is on the list of attendees with status unapproved. If he tries to register and pay again, the registration will fail based on the same email address.
This can be solved by setting a rule in the payment integrations: auto-remove all users that haven't completed the payment within a certain period of time. This isn't quite user-friendly, since a user has to wait a least one hour before he can register again. In the meantime others can register for the empty remaining spaces and the user has to be on time for re-regestering.

The error message that the user receives on the screen though is quite confusing. Displaying 'Error valid email' isn't telling the user what's wrong.
Last Edit: 7 years 10 months ago by stevent. Reason: Found the real cause of the problem

Use valid email address 7 years 10 months ago #35321

• stevent
  • Junior Boarder
Additional testing makes it a bit worse. When one is rejected, he still stays on the list. Since RSEvent checks against the list, whether or not people are approved or rejected, a user can never enroll for a second try with the same email-address.

This definitely should be fixed.

Use valid email address 7 years 9 months ago #35346

• stevent
  • Junior Boarder
In recent versions of RSEvent there's a setting for this: RSEvents!Pro > Settings > Events > enable the "Multiple registrations"

or, if you use a payment integration, you could remove users as noted above.

Use valid email address 7 years 1 month ago #36535

• rakeshy
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thought this problems was happening to me too. It appeared something else was going on.

When you add an email address to the Email field and it has a ' ' (space) at the end. The form becomes empty displaying a error message:

There was an error in your subscription form. Please check your name or your email address.

I have contacted RSjoomla to fix this problem through php scripting within RSform. Hope this will be implemented soon.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!