Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Choose your map provider?

Choose your map provider? 10 years 9 months ago #23849

• perini-ps
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi folks,

Happy and satisfied customer of RS Events Pro. We have used it to great effect with our clients.

Now for the question... :-)

I have been chatting with an acquaintance about open data, and was asked as to how we, as an agency, use open data. It then struck me that although we use RS Events Pro quite a lot with our clients, it uses Google Maps where clearly there are many other providers.

Are there any plans to offer alternative providers as part of an admin-level option - eg Bing, or as per the above, Open Streetmap?

Cheers,
Paul
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ixi42

Choose your map provider? 10 years 4 months ago #25653

• ixi42
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I have the same problem, I use rsevent but I want to use an open format such as open street map. How should I do that ?

Thanks

Choose your map provider? 10 years 4 months ago #25659

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
You are more then welcomed to add this as a feature request here:

https://www.rsjoomla.com/feedback.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Choose your map provider? 5 years 8 months ago #38362

• peter52
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
In my opinion this is not a case for a nice to have feature request.
Most of my clients are not willing to pay for Google maps as it is rather expensive, especially when they do not care for their website by themselves.

Now I need to search for an alternative with a free or possibly low cost map provider.

Of course I don't expect RSJoomla to provide alternatives from one day to the other, but You should tell us Your plans how You will handle Googles step to payments.

I may ask You a very clear question, please give a clear statement on it.

Will RS Events Pro provide other (free, low cost) map providers within the next 6 month?

I will open a ticket with this same content, as the forum is not monitored regularly from the support team, and provide there answer if support is not answering the post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RPPEO

Choose your map provider? 5 years 8 months ago #38364

• peter52
  • Senior Boarder
It was just a simple question...
... and this is the anser:
Hello,

There's currently no such map integration on our To Do list. You are more than welcome to subscribe to our Blog to be in touch with our latest news/additions.

Regards!

After supports answer I still don't know if I can count on RS Joomla to support developers.
It seems RS Joomla thinks they make the rules and everybody has to follow it. I will not.

After this step, I am sure, many developers will provide "Openstreet" or "Bing Maps" as an alternative to "Google Maps" in there extensions while RS Joomla is thinking about to put it on their to-do-list. It will be too late!

Choose your map provider? 5 years 8 months ago #38385

• peter52
  • Senior Boarder
Just to let everybody know.
OS solution is working on a free alternative to Google maps for their Event Booking component.

RS Joomla should think about introducing Openstreetmaps in their extension.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!