Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: HTML email formatting gets mangled escaped quotes

HTML email formatting gets mangled escaped quotes 10 years 11 months ago #23274

• inkoop07
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I just updated to the latest version of RSEventsPro.
My HTML layout for my user emails (which used to work just fine on the old version) gets totaly ruined upon saving, because all quotes (") in the html are escaped (\") when the email is saved. It does not matter which Joomla editor I have active. Even when the default editor is set to none, the html still gets saved automatically with escaped quotes.
What can I do to fix this?

Kind regards,
Chris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

HTML email formatting gets mangled escaped quotes 10 years 11 months ago #23275

• inkoop07
  • Fresh Boarder
I just received an answer from Amexandru that this is caused by the PHP setting "Magic Quotes". Apparently this was recently activated by my webhost or in some other way has started to interfere. I still have to hear back from my webhost about this. In the meantime I found that I can manually edit the MySQL entries for the emails in the table _rseventspro_emails.
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by inkoop07.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!