Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Some suggestions

Some suggestions 11 years 1 month ago #21854

Hi

Having just uploaded approx 100 events into RS Events!Pro I have encountered a number of issues that make uploading events very time-consuming and unnecessarily repetitive.

Here's the scenario:
  • We have approx 100 events in 3 age categories.
  • Each category has the same ticket layout.
  • In addition, each event can be booked by members or non-members and this is handled by creating a discount coupon that is applied instantly to a user category.

This is what happened:

With *every* individual event I had to create a discount coupon add the discount amount, select the discount type (percent or fixed) and apply it to a user group. After that, I also had to paste the ticket layout in the WYSIWYG editor.

This resulted in over 200 repetitive actions.

Here's a suggestion to improve the admin user experience and efficiency.

1. Create a discount type with all the information held in a database table, then allow the admin user to select the discount type from a drop-down list when creating a new event. By handing the coupons separately, it saves on having to enter the same coupon data over and over again.

2. Create ticket layouts that can be held in a database table so that the admin user can select the ticket layout from a list. This again saves significant time by reducing the need to paste the layout into the WYSIWYG editor every time an event is created. If a one off ticket layout is required, the admin user can still create it in the WYSIWYG editor.

3. Allow admin user to create a ticket type (Adult or Child etc) and again select the type from a list. This means that only the price and seats availability needs to be added for each event.

These are genuine suggestions resulting from creating ~100 events over a period of 2 weeks. I can probably halve the time taken if these suggestions are implemented.

Please consider.

Regards, David
Last Edit: 11 years 1 week ago by octavian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!