Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Open Events in its own page Like on your demo page

Open Events in its own page Like on your demo page 11 years 3 months ago #21402

• steve61
  • Fresh Boarder
Using the mod_rseventspro_upcoming Module and the Menu Manager linking List Events on Joomla 2.5.9

When clicking on a event's link, it opens up under the home page menu.
This happens from any page that the module is on and also on menu linked to List Events.

How can you make it open in its own page (not a pop-up)?
Note: I did select open in new page for the module.

When clicking on an events link, I would like to open it under a specific menu (Events).

Thank you,
Stephen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Open Events in its own page Like on your demo page 11 years 3 months ago #21422

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

This happens because the module inherits the item id of the homepage. Please try setting a different item id for the module that is not used anywhere on your site, in order to do this simply go to backend > Extensions > Module manager > Upcoming events module > Basic options area - Custom Itemid field.

More information about this module can be found in the following article:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...g-events-module.html
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.

Open Events in its own page Like on your demo page 11 years 2 months ago #21591

Hey.

I have the same problem.

I have the Upcoming module that displays all events.
However, some events I want them to appear with a specific menu.

So I have set up a menu that specific event.
When I click on the link on the module, I want to get to the menu that is specific to the event.

I have tried to change the way you wrote but I will not right.
I have sef on because it's one of the requirements on the page.

This feature worked on the old rsevent if I remember correctly.

Open Events in its own page Like on your demo page 11 years 6 days ago #23034

Interesting topic.

This solution worked great, but is there a way to apply something similar to the Event Menu page?

To explain more clearly, I have my home page set to Events in the menu so all my events are listed on the home page. If an event is clicked, that event displays on the home page along with all the home page modules.

I would like if the user was directed to another page with different modules other then my home page when they click an event.
I do not want a new tab opened, I simply want the event to display on a different pre-configured page other than my home.

Any ideas how to make this happen?

Open Events in its own page Like on your demo page 11 years 5 days ago #23042

• peterw8
  • Fresh Boarder
Joshuabaer23 - I would like to do exactly the same.

At the moment , I have to resort to not having any event listed on the homepage due to this. I would like the link to open under the event menu as well.

Lets keep our fingers crossed there is a solution to this soon.

Open Events in its own page Like on your demo page 11 years 3 days ago #23067

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
The solution has already been provided here:
Hello,

This happens because the module inherits the item id of the homepage. Please try setting a different item id for the module that is not used anywhere on your site, in order to do this simply go to backend > Extensions > Module manager > Upcoming events module > Basic options area - Custom Itemid field.

More information about this module can be found in the following article:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/view-article/710-upcoming-events-module.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!