Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 11 years 2 months ago #21322

I have started my first tries with RS Event Pro and this system is really great !

However, when i choose the option to send a PDF Ticket with the Activation mail, i would the system also to generate a unique Reference Number.

This is something very common in all Events and i'm surprised that RSEvent do not include such a thing.

It could be the numeric equivalent of the barcode for example but i just need this number to be included in the Subscribers database in order to be able to quickly locate a user with his Reference Number in the Database.

Please provide some support on that !

Thank you !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 11 years 2 months ago #21329

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

We have recently made some source code adjustments to accommodate a new placeholder: {barcodetext}. This will provide the textual representation of the barcode. Simply download the RSEvents!Pro installation file again and run it over your current one.

This will act as an update.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: olivierhicham

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 11 years 2 months ago #21335

Thanks, it works !

....BUT, there is something important missing : the Reference Number (barcodetext) linked to the Barcode is not included in the Database of subscribers and that's the whole purpose of having this barcodetext !

Indeed, you have to know that Event Organizers will export the Subscribers database in an Excel File with columns and the most important Column is the Reference n° (barcodetext) they link with Optic scanners.

So please dear RS team, just add this column "barcodetext" in the Subscribers database and your product will be really amazing !

Is it possible ?

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 11 years 1 month ago #22007

• inkoop07
  • Fresh Boarder
Has anyone managed to export the barcode strings yet? I really need to be able to do this so I can use optical barcode scanners at my event. Without this functionality a printed barcode is as good as useless!

I know the barcode is a string with the user ID attached. I need to know what is in this string and which digits are the userID. Also nice would be to know where the parts that make up this string are stored in the MySQL database and how they are combined. This way I can at least try reconstruct the barcode strings...

Regards,
Chris

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 11 years 1 month ago #22009

• inkoop07
  • Fresh Boarder
Nevermind, I've managed to answer my own question.

For anyone trying to do this same thing this is how I did it:
(I am using RSEventsPro rev3.)
The barcode that is printed on tickets consists of the string "RTS-####", where #### is the TicketID.
To get a list of all tickets, export the table rseventspro_users from MySQL and open it in Excel,OpenOffice Calc or something similar.
The first column of this table (labeled id) contains the ticketID, the second column (ide) the EventID, and the third column (idu) the UserID. The column 'state' lists whether a ticket order is successfully completed (1) or not (0) (I think..).
To get only the barcodes for the completed orders for one single event filter your list for the columns with the EventID and State.
Since the barcodes consist of the string "RTS-" followed by the TicketID, all you now have to do is Copy the TicketID column and paste "RTS-" before each entry (Use a formula for this in Excel or OpenOffice.)
Now you end up with a neat list of all the barcodes of ordered tickets to use with an optical barcode scanner.

Another question though, does anyone now a good piece of software to use with optical scanners that can be used to check participants to events at the gate? Preferably software that allows multiple scanning stations (for multiple 'doors').

Regards,
Chris

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 11 years 1 month ago #22015

I would like to know this as well!

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 11 years 1 month ago #22147

inkoop07 wrote:
Another question though, does anyone now a good piece of software to use with optical scanners that can be used to check participants to events at the gate? Preferably software that allows multiple scanning stations (for multiple 'doors').

Did you figure this part out? I can't believe that there's no response from RSJoomla even thought they "don't monitor" these forums...

Add a Reference Number to the PDF Ticket 7 years 2 months ago #36417

I am curious too!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!