Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Unable to add locations from front end

Unable to add locations from front end 11 years 3 months ago #20816

• creedo13
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

My users must be able to add events from the front end, but it seems there is no way to add locations from the front end unless the location has already been added from the back end.

Further more, there seems to be no way to create an event from the front end unless a location is specified - it is a required field.

This seems to be a glaring omission - how could I possibly know where my users will create events? Please let me what I need to do. Everything else about this software is top-notch, but this one piece seems to be a major oversight, unless I am just missing something.

Thank-you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Unable to add locations from front end 11 years 3 months ago #20819

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

1. To allow users to select a location from the frontend please check if the following option from the Groups tab is set to "Yes":

Users in this group can create locations

To add a new location from the frontend:

-in the location field after typing you will notice a dropdown tab available from which you can select "Add a new location"

-add a location name, description and the GPS positioning.

2. Yes, the location fields is mandatory to create an event.

You can read more about the group settings here:

www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...icle/688-groups.html
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: creedo13

Unable to add locations from front end 11 years 3 months ago #20841

• creedo13
  • Fresh Boarder
That worked.

Thank-you very much for your help and your prompt reply. All the best to you!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!