Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Show more of Event name in Calendar view

Show more of Event name in Calendar view 11 years 4 months ago #20444

Hi,

I would like to show more of the event name than just the first word in the monthly calendar view. Where can I change this to show the whole event name?

Kind regards,
Willem-hein
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Show more of Event name in Calendar view 11 years 4 months ago #20505

• jrotich
  • Fresh Boarder
I submitted a support ticket for the same issue back in September.
I find the calendar useless how it only shows the first name of the event.
I was told it was on their "to do" list, but they have not pusblished any updates for the program since August.
I'm now stuck with no support for the old RSEvents since I upgraded and am waiting for the fix before I upgrade my production site.
I keep checking the changelog for RSEventsPro to see if they have a new version, but so far nothing.

Show more of Event name in Calendar view 11 years 4 months ago #20507

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
This is actually done so that the event name doesn't mess with the layout (having a long event name will align the calendar cells unevenly, to the point where they might overlap from your template content). You can still use CSS to manage the layout in whatever way you like. From what I can see from your older tickets you've already done this on your /DevSite/ installation.
PS: By upgrading from RSEvents! to RSEvents! Pro everyone has to agree to a few terms of conditions. RSEvents! will no longer be developed so it doesn't make any sense to support an extension that has been replaced.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Show more of Event name in Calendar view 11 years 4 months ago #20517

• jrotich
  • Fresh Boarder
octavian wrote:
This is actually done so that the event name doesn't mess with the layout (having a long event name will align the calendar cells unevenly, to the point where they might overlap from your template content).
In the older version, you supported having the the full name, this change has made the program unuseable for me. I will wait for the option to show the entire title before I put it on my production site.
octavian wrote:
You can still use CSS to manage the layout in whatever way you like. From what I can see from your older tickets you've already done this on your /DevSite/ installation.
You are correct, I have used the CSS to manage the layout, but have not been provided an option to list more than the first word of the event name in the CSS file. Is that an option?
octavian wrote:
PS: By upgrading from RSEvents! to RSEvents! Pro everyone has to agree to a few terms of conditions. RSEvents! will no longer be developed so it doesn't make any sense to support an extension that has been replaced.
If I hadn't upgraded, you would still support the older version until my support contract ran out. However since I opted for the free upgrade, I'm left with no support for the older version on my production site. I'm still waiting for the option to show more than the first word.

Show more of Event name in Calendar view 11 years 4 months ago #20520

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Yes, and in the old version, despite having the full event name displayed, people weren't happy because the names would overlap with their content and would display an obviously "broken" calendar.
From what I can see your calendar displays just fine - you won't be able to display more than one word on the same line because you don't have enough width in there. If you remove the left menu and use the whole width you'll have more information showing up, just like in my screenshot below:

Everything in the calendar is restricted to the width you put it in. The wider the content, the more information will show up.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!