Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: SOLVED: Adding ticket prices to event detail

SOLVED: Adding ticket prices to event detail 11 years 6 months ago #19530

• robijo7
  • Fresh Boarder
Wondering if anyone might be able to help me with this question. I would like to add the list of ticket prices to the event detail page. Ideally, it would be great to have one or two custom fields in the event submission form to add this type of information (both via front-end and admin). But since that isn't available, I was hoping to employ a workaround:

Here is what I would like to be able to do:
1) Enable registration in an event so that I can enter the ticket prices for an event
2) Display the ticket price(s) as a comma-separated list (i.e. Tickets: Adults: $10.00, Kids: $5.00) on the events detail page below the "Rate:" line.

I'm familiar with and have already created a template override for the show.php layout.

The last piece of the puzzle I need is the PHP code needed to display the ticket prices on that page.

I keep getting referred to the www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...s-look-and-feel.html page, but I'm not that well-versed in PHP to get what I need from this (rather thin) help.

Would appreciate any help or direction.
Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by robijo7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Addling list of ticket prices to event detail page 11 years 6 months ago #19709

• robijo7
  • Fresh Boarder
Although the developers do not provide customizations, I was able to get enough hints from a support ticket to add a list of ticket prices to the event detail page. Here is how I did it:

1) Create template override for show.php

copy /components/com_rseventspro/views/rseventspro/tmpl/show.php
to /templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_rseventspro/rseventspro/show.php

2) Add code below to show.php in appropriate place (under location i.e.)

<!--//Add Tickets to Detail -->
<p class="rsep_tickets" itemscope itemtype="schema.org/Event">
<?php
echo "Tickets: ";
?><?php
$db = &JFactory::getDBO();
$db->setQuery("SELECT * FROM #__rseventspro_tickets WHERE ide = '".$event->id."'");
$tickets = $db->loadObjectList();
$t = '';
setlocale(LC_MONETARY, 'en_US');
foreach($tickets as $ticket)
//option below to display ticket price first
//$t .= nl2br(money_format('%(#0n', $ticket->price).' '.$ticket->name. "\n");
//option below to print ticket name first
$t .= nl2br($ticket->name.' '.money_format('%(#0n', $ticket->price). "\n");
echo $t;
?>
</p>
<!--//end Tickets -->

3) Upload new tickets.png image to /components/com_rseventspro/assets/images/edit/NEW_TICKETS_IMAGE folder

4) Add css for resp_tickets to custom css file:
/*Ticket icon*/
.rsep_tickets {
background: url("http://YOUR_DOMAIN/components/com_rseventspro/assets/images/edit/tickets.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
line-height: 20px;
margin: 4px 0 !important;
padding-left: 28px !important;
}

5) Add css to hide the "Join" button in the event detail to custom css file:
/*Hide Join button*/
a.rsep_join {
border: 1px solid #D8D8D8;
display: none;
}

In the event entry page, be sure to "allow registrations" and enter each of the ticket prices as a new ticket. You can leave the rest of the registration fields blank.
Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by robijo7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!