Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Problem with the Map feature

Problem with the Map feature 11 years 6 months ago #19487

• hello886
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I am having a problem with the Map settings. I set the "Change default map center" field to the location coordinates that I want to use as the default map location. The default map location should be 33.6714917,-117.8811646. However on the front end of the site, the first thing it pulls up is some location out in the ocean near Australia. You can see an example of where it is pulling up here: ocradar.com/events-by-category/new-event-map.html

It is not pulling up the right default map location.

Please let me know what I need to do to have it use 33.6714917,-117.8811646 as the default map location.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with the Map feature 11 years 5 months ago #20316

• garibaldi3489
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I was also experiencing this problem. I found that if you use a template override on map.php with the following changes, it will then work:
--- components/com_rseventspro/views/rseventspro/tmpl/map.php	2012-11-30 02:44:04.000000000 +0000
+++ templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_rseventspro/rseventspro/map.php	2012-11-30 02:59:12.000000000 +0000
@@ -28,7 +28,7 @@
 		geocoderview = new google.maps.Geocoder();
 		var mapDiv = document.getElementById('map-canvas');
 		mapview = new google.maps.Map(mapDiv, {
-      center: new google.maps.LatLng(50.289339, -57.656250),
+		  center: new google.maps.LatLng(<?php echo rseventsproHelper::getConfig('google_maps_center'); ?>),
 		  zoom: <?php echo rseventsproHelper::getConfig('google_map_zoom','int'); ?>,
 		  mapTypeId: google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
 		});
@@ -78,7 +78,7 @@
 		<?php } ?>
 		<?php } ?>

-		mapview.setCenter(latlngboundsview.getCenter());
+		//mapview.setCenter(latlngboundsview.getCenter());
 		<?php if ($locations > 1) { ?>
 		mapview.fitBounds(latlngboundsview);
 		<?php } ?>
The following user(s) said Thank You: oorzaak

Problem with the Map feature 11 years 3 months ago #20930

• oorzaak
  • Fresh Boarder
The solution as proposed by garibaldi3489 works for me, thanks!

Yet I hope that this issue can be solved in a future version.

Kind regards,
Frits

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!