Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: No Events Found - List Events Menu Item

No Events Found - List Events Menu Item 11 years 8 months ago #18423

• toby1
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having a problem with the RS Events Pro Event listing menu item:

1. I have tried various configurations of the List Event Menu Item - filtering events by date, category, location etc. but in all instances the page shows No Events Found. When I search on the front end using the filter it always returns no events found.

The categories list works and it is possible to view events by category.

2. In the back end if I try to set up a menu item for Show Event the individual events are listed with check boxes (should this be a radio button) but when I select one and press insert event nothing happens.

I set up the events using RS Events component first before buying RS Events Pro.
I then imported events from RS Events.
All categories and events seemed to import fine.
They all seem to be live.
I can preview events fine. I just can't seem to publish them on the site.
The search tool recognises the event titles as i can search 'Name is like' and enter a partial title and it retrieves the rest.

I have not uninstalled RS Events or any of it's modules or plugins. I am assuming there is no conflict as they are seperate components by the same team.

This is URGENT. As some of the display options I have used in RS Events are not available I will have to spend my time creating new views - not trying to figure out why the component doesn't work.

If there is something simple I have missed please explain.

(THIRD ATTEMPT ON THE CAPTCHA CODE JUST TO SUBMIT A POST....)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: No Events Found - List Events Menu Item 11 years 8 months ago #18424

• toby1
  • Fresh Boarder
I had to set 'Enable Future Events' to No (in the menu itme parameters for List Events)before any events would show up.

Now that is set to no the events are showing.

Re: No Events Found - List Events Menu Item 11 years 8 months ago #18463

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

The filters available for the "List events" menu item are meant to help you create different event listings based on your desired criteria (events that start after a certain date, events from a specific category/location...). The "Enable future events" option is linked with the "Days" field value and will display all the events that start after the number of days entered has passed. For example if you set the number of days to 2, the menu item will list all events that have the start date more than two days from the current date.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re: No Events Found - List Events Menu Item 11 years 8 months ago #18510

Thanks for posting that - not very intuitive is it??

No Events Found - List Events Menu Item 11 years 3 months ago #20726

• kbotnen
  • Fresh Boarder
thats misleading at best.

Is there any way to show "Next 7 days" and "This month" events?

As I believed the "Enable future events" provided this feature, but appearently not :/

ps. and this captcha is not very user friendly. first login, then do captcha :/

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!