Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: See What's New In RSMediaGallery!

See What's New In RSMediaGallery! 4 years 4 months ago #39663

• pmb
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sadly, the answer seems to be, nothing. :(

I've been using RSMediaGallery for over 10 years. Don't get me wrong, this is one of the best photo gallery software packages. But, paying the subscription year after year, what are we getting? There have been no real changes in the last 5 years! :(

A look at the changelog shows numerous fixes, only a handful of minor updates to existing features and since Jan. 2015 there have been only 2 minor additions! Take a look: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...llery-changelog.html Even on this forum, there have been only 6 posts in the last year out of 286 topics. :(

Personally, I feel there are really only a few things that would make this the top of the list of best galleries. This is nothing I haven't expressed before. I was simply told "Put it on a wishlist and we'll look at it" Hey guys, it's time to take a look!

1) A choice layouts, other than "Dark" or "Light". In either layout, the boxes show more white or black on the bottom if the images aren't the same orientation or aspect ratio. Fix: give a choice of no border, that would solve the extra space problem. That would be a huge improvement. Some more layout choices would really be nice too.

2) A gallery from the menu has the ability to have the title and description appear below the photos. However, you only have the ability to show the gallery with no other text to describe or title the gallery. Fix: add a field in the menu setup to add text before and/or after the gallery.

3) With a plugin, you can have a description of the gallery in the article text. However, the plugin won't display the image title unless you click on the image, and won't display the image description. Fix: Give the plugin the same functionality as the menu option.

Fixing either B or C would solve the problem. :)

Come on, guys! We need some groundbreaking updates! :)

There are a lot of impressive slideshow alternatives that have kept pace with updating their features that are nipping at your heals. Don't be complacent! :cheer:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan47

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!