Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: New images show in backend but not frontend

New images show in backend but not frontend 7 years 10 months ago #35234

I update a website for a friend about once every 18 months and I've not added to her photo gallery since I set it up.

I'm using RSMediaGallery and the old photos are fine. I have uploaded some new photos and they appear in the backend. I tag, rename, adjust thumbnails and then publish - but the new images don't appear on the website.

I tried unpublishing the old ones and they disappeared - came back when I republished. The permissions settings are 755 / 644 in the parameters window. I don't have access to the hosting account right now to try a manual chmod or ls -l.

All photos (old and new) are JPGs. I've tried the original files I was sent (~ 1.5MB) and compressed versions (~ 150kB).

Ideas welcome!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!