Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Aspect ratios and picture layers

Aspect ratios and picture layers 11 years 6 months ago #19471

Hi,

I have two issues about the gallery at my website.

1. Using fixed 4:3 aspect ratio for the thumbnails is okay for the preview section, but for viewing the individual pictures I would like to use the original (free) aspect ratio option. So is it either fixed OR free for both? Any solution for having fixed aspect ratios for the thumbnails AND free for viewing? Having pictures from my camcorder in 16:9 and my normal camera in 4:3 in landscape and portrait format makes thumbnail section a mess if I keep the free ratio, but it will crop more than 50% if I select the fixed 4:3 ratio at a 16:9 portrait (actually 9:16 in this case).

2. Seems like when using the gallery my website is "sliced" into different layers. After klicking on a thumbnail there's a background with the normal content, the picture layer, and the top layer with the logo of the site which covers the pictures in part. Looks like a sandwich with the picture between two layers. This effect dissapears as I get to the 3rd or 4th row of pictures and I scroll down until the logo gets out of sight. As a workaround I limited the picture size until the logo doesn't cover the pictures anymore, but that's not a real solution of the problem. Wonder if anybody else encountered this problem and there is a solution for it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Aspect ratios and picture layers 11 years 6 months ago #19509

• gavindcht
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 1
HI Helmar, seems like a deep issue. Found any luck on this yet?
Deleted code is debugged code.

Re: Aspect ratios and picture layers 11 years 6 months ago #19634

Well, only for the first part. Playing around with the settings I managed to get the thumbnails cropped to 4:3 and to keep the images at the original aspect ratio by checking the "use original image". A bit annoying to apply it for each individual picture, but it works. It's a bit confusing one setting is in the RSMedia plugin and the other in the extended options in Joomla.

For the second part about the pictures being covered by elements of the website I still have no clue.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!