Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: how to increase the thumbnail quality?

how to increase the thumbnail quality? 11 years 11 months ago #17518

• meysssam
  • Fresh Boarder
hi dears,

the default quality is 75% as i heared from the support. how i can increase this value in which file?
so i would have a better pic quality.

thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: how to increase the thumbnail quality? 11 years 6 months ago #19598

• jurajvt
  • Fresh Boarder
yoursite\administrator\components\com_rsmediagallery\helpers\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php

On line 34 change quality as you wish. If you want to see result, delete all your thumbs in

yoursite\components\com_rsmediagallery\assets\gallery\WxH (your dimensions of thumbnails)

Script will made it again, don't worry... You can compare file size of thumbnails before/after change value.

Re: how to increase the thumbnail quality? 11 years 6 months ago #19645

• gavindcht
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi jurajvt, I tried the steps but no luck yet. Am i missing something?
Deleted code is debugged code.

Re: how to increase the thumbnail quality? 11 years 6 months ago #19648

• jurajvt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello.

1. Look at yoursite\components\com_rsmediagallery\assets\gallery\
2. Delete all directories WxH (your dimensions of thumbnails, for example 300x224, 300x223, etc.)
3. Go to yoursite\administrator\components\com_rsmediagallery\helpers\phpthumb\phpthumb.class.php
4. On line 34 decrease quality to unusable 10 (%), so it must look like this: var $q = 10;
5. Go to your site and refresh it

You must see terrible quality of your thumbnails now. If so, you can repeat all steps with changing your quality to 95 in step 4.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!