Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail

Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 11 years 10 months ago #17467

• nijman
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm sorry to say I'm very frustrated with RSmediagallery. I've been trying to get it to work; resetup a new site but continuously identical behavior: it won't upload images and display them in the module. The files are there in the asset folder, but after 'uploading' a while, it returns an empty sheet.

I've checked permission and writable access is there. I've used the RSTster, and it show all is ok.

Moreover, if I want to use the demo account of RS: it lacks the RSmediagallery!! :angry:

On paper a nice product, but by no means works out of the box.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 11 years 10 months ago #17495

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
I can assure you that RSMediaGallery! works correctly and the files are uploaded - if it didn't work out of the box we'd have a lot of these threads in here (or support requests).
What you are experiencing is most likely related to your server settings or Joomla! installation.

Let me tell you why RSMediaGallery! isn't installed on our demo server - because uploads don't work there (as a security setting) and having it installed would be useless since people would want to test their own images.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re: Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 11 years 6 months ago #19051

So has this matter been solved yet?

RSMediaGallery just keeps spinning, Please Wait...

:unsure:

Re: Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 11 years 4 months ago #20252

• gvalena
  • Fresh Boarder
The whole day i was just getting the code in the article. Then finally i viewed source, put back the quotation marks and saved without exiting the source view. it worked! I just hope it keeps working ...

Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 11 years 1 month ago #22017

• prolight
  • Fresh Boarder
i have the same problem with this component can you say what did u do and what can i do?

Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 11 years 1 month ago #22026

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Have you read this article?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 11 years 1 month ago #22046

• prolight
  • Fresh Boarder
tnx for answering. yes of course i cheked all the terms!. picture cold not be uploaded with no errors

Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 10 years 11 months ago #22895

I'm having a similar problem.

Upload succeeds (ie, I can see it in the file system under components/com_rsmediagallery/assets/gallery/original/755e34d47xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2edd51.png), but then the console shows nothing -- it look like it didn't upload anything.

Checked permissions, PHP, MySQL, everything looks OK. Tried with Chrome and Firefox.
Last Edit: 10 years 11 months ago by octavian.

Can not get RSmediagallery to work: uploading fail 10 years 8 months ago #24463

"I'm having a similar problem.

Upload succeeds (ie, I can see it in the file system under components/com_rsmediagallery/assets/gallery/original/755e34d47xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2edd51.png), but then the console shows nothing -- it look like it didn't upload anything.

Checked permissions, PHP, MySQL, everything looks OK. Tried with Chrome and Firefox. "

Did you work out how to fix this I am having the same problem and everything else checks out ok. I've used rs gallery on all my sites and never had any trouble before

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!