Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: no galery on home page j2.5

no galery on home page j2.5 12 years 1 month ago #16431

• tteri77
  • Fresh Boarder
hi... I'm having trouble with seeing the gallery on the home page at all. originally, I was using a similar gallery, but switched hosts and now I can't use that anymore. So I was thrilled to find another tag-based gallery with RSMediaGallery. I installed the component, module and plug-in, set everything up and I can see the title on the home page, but I get this message underneath:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /hermes/bosweb/web076/b766/ipw.tteri77/public_html/tig_j25_www7/modules/mod_rsmediagallery_slideshow/mod_rsmediagallery_slideshow.php on line 77

when I go there, here is that paragraph. I'm sure the answer is right there, but I don't understand php well enough. Line 77 starts with "foreach..."

$items = RSMediaGalleryHelper::getItems($tags, $order, $direction, 0, $limit);
if ($use_original)
{
$max_height = 0;
foreach ($items as $item)
{
if ($item->params = $item->params ? unserialize($item->params) : array())
$max_height = max($max_height, $item->params[1]);
}
}
else
$max_height = $height;

Any help? I am baffled and I don't see anyone else having any problem remotely like this so far...

I am working in J2.5. Not sure what other info you need.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: no galery on home page j2.5 12 years 1 month ago #16445

• tteri77
  • Fresh Boarder
well I figured it out. I don't know what I did, but the error message is gone. I did have some corrupted tables on the db from the last gallery I was using (RokGallery) and I got rid of those in the db. I think that's when the problem went away. Not tht that helps anyone else.

I am still having issues with this program though. I am not finding it so user friendly so far. But I think once I can get it set up, it will be good for what I need it for. My problem now is that while the error message is gone, there's also nothing on the home page in the showcase module I thought I speced it for. Just nothing but the title shows up.

Also, I want to take it off the carousel thingie, but not sure yet how to do that. Any tips to make setting up the slideshow on my home page would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!