Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can I use a form from RSForm Pro! as a template?

Can I use a form from RSForm Pro! as a template? 8 years 4 months ago #33544

Hello,

I am wondering if I can create a form in rsForm Pro! to use as a template for blog posts in rsBlog. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

David
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can I use a form from RSForm Pro! as a template? 8 years 3 months ago #33559

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
The short answer would be "Yes". There are actual several ways to do this. You should choose one that is within your skill set:

1. Using the RSForm!Pro mapping tool. Simply map the form data directly to the RSBlog! database tables. The downside is that you won't be able to trigger associated actions like when publishing a new blog post created via RSBlog!.

2. Custom scripting. RSForm!Pro incorporates a lot of scripting areas that you could use for this.

3. Remote publishing feature. Have RSForm!Pro send an email to specified address. The email itself would be the blog content. The RSBlog! remote publishing feature would then capture this email and transform it into a blog post. More details on it on the RSBlog! configuration article.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!