Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: installation issues for rev9 on j1.6.5

installation issues for rev9 on j1.6.5 11 years 2 months ago #21343

had major issues updating to RSblog rev9 tonight.
im going to rant a bit here since the events that occured were above and beyond what i would have expected from RSJoomla.

first, the component refused to install. it kept saying that there was no installation package/xml
the only way i found to install it was to upload it to my tmp folder and extract it into another folder inside there.
it would not install through the standard upload as a zip or placing in the temp folder as a zip.
nothing but errors when installing in the tmp folder as zip file.

People have been complaining about this on this forum for a rather long while now. i found several complaints while i was trying to find a resolution to my issue. couple years later and its still not resolved.

secondly, there is NO way to tell that i have upgraded other than the difference in file sizes. it still says Installed version: 1.0.0
why is it not following the standard naming conventions?
it should say version 1.0.9 at the very least!
Opening the PHP files shows the same thing. NO indication that its a newer version.

Now, finally to the major crux of the issue.
After upgrading to rev 9, ALL MY POSTS ARE GONE!
there is ONLY the default post from the installer!
WTF!

i find it truly incredible that after all the experience that RSJOOMLA staff has, that it would let such major issues as these to go by them unnoticed!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!