Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Main Page View - Topics and a defined char limit

Main Page View - Topics and a defined char limit 12 years 2 months ago #16170

I'm getting ready to transition my blog from using corephp's wordpress to RS Blog. When I set up the menu item for the blog home page I select Rs Blog --> Blog View. This works fine, but when I go to the Public view of the blog it list all published blog entries with the entire blog content. The basic problem with this is that it is way too much information to display on the page and it scrolls forever.

What I want for it to do is to list some defined number of topics (perhaps 10-20) along with some content from the blog, an intro from each entry, say 100-200 characters, with a "more ..." link to view the entire entry.

I went through the configuration options but don't see any way to do this. I'm running this on a Joomla 1.5 site. How do we accomplish this need?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Main Page View - Topics and a defined char limit 12 years 2 months ago #16216

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

If you take a look at the Components > RSBlog! > Configuration > General, you will notice the "Truncate Blog Posts" option.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!