Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Remote Publishing

Remote Publishing 12 years 8 months ago #14375

I am in the process of migrating our family site from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7. The majority of our website is family members blogging from smart phones.
I have RSBlog "properly" configured, but I have some questions regarding Remote Publishing.

1- How are attachments handled? 90% of our posts are photos with a little blurb. I can't seem to get pics posted.

2- Is there a way to delete text on the fly? One of our devices is a corporate device and a footer "If you are not the intended recipient..." is attached. Can I remove this when the email is parsed?

I like this component better than others that I have used. I just need to tweak it a bit to make it fit in to our site.

Thanks,

Josh
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Remote Publishing 12 years 8 months ago #14398

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

1. The current version of RSBlog! does not support attachments for remote publising. In order to add your images to the posts, please try adding the images directly in the post content and not as attachments.

2. In order to achieve this you will need to perform some customizations to the component. Unfortunately we do not provide these kinds of services at the moment. You could try checking your email client's settings and see if you can remove this text from the email client directly.

Re:Remote Publishing 12 years 5 months ago #15408

• dsoul
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there any intent to add attachment functionality to email in posts in a future release?

Re:Remote Publishing 11 years 11 months ago #17205

• rbosboom
  • Fresh Boarder
bogdanc wrote:
Hello,

1. The current version of RSBlog! does not support attachments for remote publising. In order to add your images to the posts, please try adding the images directly in the post content and not as attachments.

When I put the picture directly into the post, it doesn't show the picture. In this case a photo.jpg.
It shows a little icon with the link cid:image001.jpg@01CD231C.8F035870

Do I need to chmod some folders?

Thanks in advance.

Re:Remote Publishing 11 years 2 months ago #21219

I'm also having issues with inline images sent in the email that do not appear in the blog post. Have tried on an iPhone and iPad, with no luck.

CHMOD: Where do the images get stored? Do we need to CHMOD a particular folder to get this to work?

".JPEG": Is the issue that the images are sent with a ".jpeg" extension and RSBlog is missing this?

Thanks.

Jason

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!