Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Search Bar and Date Modified Question

Search Bar and Date Modified Question 12 years 10 months ago #13878

• DarrylP
  • Fresh Boarder
In the RS Blog Component, there is a search bar above all the blogs. Is there any way of eliminating this and not showing it on the site?

In the same component, default template, the blogs show a date modified. Is there any way of not showing this on the site?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Search Bar and Date Modified Question 12 years 9 months ago #14075

• cntctjeb
  • Fresh Boarder
I too am looking for a way to remove the search box.

As for the modified date, I removed this and the calendar icon by editing the posts.php file in your templates>default folder.

And make sure you back up any files that you customize, because every time you update RS Blog, it will overwrite everything with the stock files again.

Re: Search Bar and Date Modified Question 12 years 7 months ago #14746

You turn off the search box in the menu item.

Go to the menu item that links to the blog. On the right side under "Basic Options", change "Enable Search" to "No". I have no idea why they stuck it in there and not in the configuration tab, but they did.

I still have not figured out the annoying date issue.

Mark

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!