Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Rev 6 Template Options

Rev 6 Template Options 12 years 10 months ago #13729

• tobypsl
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I've just downloaded the update Rev 6 for a Joomla 1.6 site and installed. This led to a blank white screen. So I tried again and the same blank white screen.

I've checked RS Blog and it seems to hink it's up to date. But I see no template options in the back end as mentioned in the update email.

So I guess that either my component hasn't updated afterall, or the templating options aren't that obvious.

SUGGESTION: when you send out emails about updates can you link to a SPECIFIC PAGE RELATING TO THE UPDATE not the general documentation for the component. It's a bit annoying to wade thorugh the documentation and find there are no instructions about updates. The fact that you are e-mailing me about updates is indicative of the fact I already have had opporutnity to read the existing documentation and would be more interested in reading about changes ?

Any clues about why I got a white screen and how to check if the component actually updated would be gratefully received.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Rev 6 Template Options 12 years 10 months ago #13730

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Please submit a ticket to tech support so we can properly look into this issue. We haven't had any reports regarding this issue.

PS: This might have been caused by a improper update - not enough writing permissions to replace some of the files.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!