Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Vimeo or YouTube Videos

Vimeo or YouTube Videos 13 years 3 months ago #12178

• john93
  • Fresh Boarder
Guys,

I have been trying to embed Vimeo and /or Youtube videos in to the RSBlog, Which I would think Many users would want to do and I am having little success. Is there an easier way to do this?

www.hubumedia.com/blog

Please???
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Vimeo or YouTube Videos 13 years 3 months ago #12180

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

You can consider using your editor in order to include the respective videos in your blog posts. You can set your editor by going to Global Configuration - Site.

Re: Vimeo or YouTube Videos 12 years 6 months ago #14632

• c22sail
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I know this has been around a few months but not sure if you got an answer or figured it out. It took me awhile but if you go to your administrator panel and then go to your blog component there is a way.

Go to Posts, then select Parameters. By default everyone is set to Blacklist. If you leave Blacklist selected, but deselected user groups, such as admins and super admins, those users can put in code for a video such as {flv}myvideo{/flv}. The flv tag does require a extension to be installed such as one of the many video players available. This would also work with the youtube tag if your video player supports that.
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by c22sail.

Vimeo or YouTube Videos 11 years 4 months ago #19957

• tz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you for this clue!

I really overlooked the parameters button!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!