Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: filter incoming tickets via mailto field

filter incoming tickets via mailto field 8 years 3 weeks ago #34678

I believe this is more a feature request than troubleshooting.

I have a dedicated google apps for work email account setup just for incoming tickets via RS TIckets. We use This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it to catch tickets.

I also use an email alias for regular messages coming off the website with sales inquiries etc. We use This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it through the core Joomla contact form for those and it operates completely outside of RS Tickets. Keep in mind that as an email alias it has no real inbox behind it. It is just pointing to the main apps for work account for me.

I want to start routing all the general inquiry requests through RS Tickets. In addition, we offer training and have people directly in charge of our billing and accounts receivable.

Now, I could pay Google $50/account/year to setup individual accounts for each of these departments.

What I am wondering is if there is a way for me to take my current apps for work account and assign all the departmental aliases to it. From there it would be amazing if RS Tickets were able to filter the incoming requests to the proper departments and open a new ticket in the correct department based on the MAILTO field on the incoming email.

In this way one email account with multiple aliases could handle all departmental email routing within RS Tickets.

So, I could setup... This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it as our main account and have things like...

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
etc.

...setup as aliases all pointing to the This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it account. RS Tickets would pickup all the tickets from the main account and parse them to the appropriate department based on the MAILTO field.

Is this already possible within RS Tickets and I have missed how to set it up?

If not - Is this a good place to make the feature request???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!