Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: ACL for department

ACL for department 8 years 4 months ago #33493

Hi. Unfortunately your component seems to not support the feature to show department only to specific Joomla usergroup(s). I asked you this feature so many times ago but nothing happen yet. In this way it is possible use the Joomla ACL feature fully and let users see only authorized department(s) to read, create and reply ticket inside.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ACL for department 8 years 4 months ago #33501

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
We never advertised that RSTickets!Pro departments can behave like this. We do have a feedback section that you can use to suggest new features and functionality, but it does take time. You can imagine that we have literally hundreds of requests like this.

There are some workarounds of course that can be applied to implement the desired functionality:

1. Create a template override for the submit ticket layout. Use some custom PHP code to detect the group of the current logged in user and output a small JS that would pre-select the appropriate department (remove the other from the list of course).

2. The RSTickets!Pro Submit ticket menu item incorporates a department option. This will allow you to have a "Submit ticket" menu item for each of your user groups, with the appropriate department pre-selected.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

ACL for department 8 years 4 months ago #33505

Thanks for your suggestion but i prefer having this feature. I think that it's a so logical feature to use the powerful of Joomla ACL.
But take your time. Right now i cannot use your component.

Thanks again.

Best regards
Last Edit: 8 years 4 months ago by french150.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!