Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Use RSTICKETS!PRO without Registration or Login

Use RSTICKETS!PRO without Registration or Login 9 years 3 weeks ago #31008

:(
On my website, www.exmouthquay.com, I have a 'Member Zone' menu item which points to a Single Article called 'Member Area'.

On this 'Member Area' article, I have placed links to eDocman functions and to RSTicket! Pro functions.

The overriding requirement is that I do not want the burden of administering users, Logins, usernames and passwords for 300 users.

In the 'Member Area' article I have placed 'PHP Simple PasswordProtect' code which means that when users click on the 'Member Zone' menu item, the first part of the 'Member Area' page they see is a simple form requesting input of password. If they enter the correct password, the rest of the page is displayed.

At this stage I want the users to be able to click on links to 'Submit Ticket' and 'View Reports' but I do not want them to Register or Login. I will know who submitted a ticket and their email address because they input this when they submit a ticket. (I know they are my genuine users because they entered a password to get into the 'Member Area' page.). I do not mind that they view all user tickets (volumes are low and not personal).

How can I do this in RSTickets! Pro without forcing users to Register and Login ?

Note :
1. In my research I discovered that if you give all users the same Login username/password the Joomla results are unpredictable and also a new Login will throw out an existing logged in user. I tried this in testing and it had weird results.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Use RSTICKETS!PRO without Registration or Login 9 years 2 days ago #31163

• rmadigan
  • Fresh Boarder
You could try attaching the RSTicketsPro menu group to an unpublished, unrestricted Joomla menu (outside your member zone), then symlink to it from your memberzone.

-R
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!