Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Move ticket to new department, keep ticket -ID

Move ticket to new department, keep ticket -ID 11 years 6 months ago #19549

• Huttanus
  • Junior Boarder
I have like 6 departments
Sales
Market and so on...
Support Tech
Support Hardware
Support Software etc..
If a user submit a ticket and under Support Software. then the user gets a Ticket ID
If I move the ticket to a nother department f.i. Support Tech. the the system creates a new Ticket ID.
How can I keep the same Ticket ID even if I move the ticket to a new department???
Pleas help me out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Move ticket to new department, keep ticket -ID 11 years 6 months ago #20060

I'd like to see this feature added to RS Tickets Pro as well

Move ticket to new department, keep ticket -ID 11 years 6 months ago #20078

• octavian
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
This isn't feasible right now since the generated ticket code depends on the department's settings. If you are moving a ticket from a department that generates random codes to one that generates sequential numbers, they will no longer match. If both are using sequential numbers there's a strong chance that they will collide with an already existing code (you'll be moving TECH-00003 to BILLING-00003 and BILLING-00003 might already be taken by another ticket). The examples could go on...
This is why a new code is generated each time - so that the department's settings are taken into account.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!