Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Chrome Bug when submitting a reply...

Chrome Bug when submitting a reply... 13 years 7 months ago #11574

When replying to a ticket using chrome, the user cannot type into the message box or insert anything in there. Submitting a ticket to start works, just replying is not possible in chrome.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Chrome Bug when submitting a reply... 13 years 7 months ago #11607

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

RSTickets!Pro was tested in all major browsers and this behavior haven't been encountered.

Have you tested this by loading one of the default templates ( as this might be generated by the template) ?

Can also please state what editor are you using ? Have you tried using the default TinyMCE editor ?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Chrome Bug when submitting a reply... 13 years 6 months ago #11715

• info1807
  • Fresh Boarder
I believe there is an issue if you're using JCE editor. I had this same problem and this came from support.

"The Chrome browser and the JCE editor have some javascript inconsistencies that cause this problem, unfortunately this is not something that you can control with RSTickets!Pro. You could try using a different browser, or disabling the editor from your Global Configuration."

Both recommendations were not practical for me. I don't experience this sort of issue with any other component.

I still use Chrome because I love the browser.. if I do need to type stuff in, I need to open up Firefox.

Re:Chrome Bug when submitting a reply... 13 years 6 months ago #11725

Sorry for taking so long. I didn't see the response.

It seems the problem may have been in the template. I can't reproduce it any longer, but I had other issues and fixed the template a few days ago. So, I surmise your guess is likely. Thanks.

Re:Chrome Bug when submitting a reply... 11 years 6 months ago #19694

same issue with Chrome.

Quick Fix: in the editor, click on hide/unhide (this will remove the editor) - then click again to bring the editor back. This will fix the issue for your current ticket and you can start typing again.

The issue is a display one rather than content. For example, if the text area is stuck and you can't enter anything (before applying fix mentioned above) and you select a KB article, the text area will stay blank. However, after applying the fix above, the article text will be properly displayed.

Hope it helps someone....
Last Edit: 11 years 6 months ago by production7.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!