Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Migration of jcomments from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7

Migration of jcomments from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 12 years 3 months ago #15916

Hi there,

I want to use your RSComments component and have a very important question.

Actually i am running Joomla 1.5 and use jcomments. There are about 3000 comments in my system.
I want to migrate my system to Joomla 1.7 and use RSComments.

How can i migrate my comments from the jcomments on Joomla 1.5 to a Joomla 1.7 with RSComments installed?

I found ways to migrate all my articles and categories first.
Do i have to install and import RSComments on my 1.5 first and then migrate to 1.7?

Best Regards,
Entry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Migration of jcomments from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 12 years 3 months ago #15934

Does anybody have a plan whats to do when going from joomla 1.5 with jcomments to joomla 1.7 with rscomments?
Just want to keep all my comments and go with a commercial comment system.

Best regards

Re: Migration of jcomments from Joomla 1.5 to 1.7 12 years 2 months ago #16341

I am also looking for a solution to help me migrate my joomla 1.5 website with JComments to Joomla 2.5 website, and keep those comments not lost.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks.
JoomlaGate

www.joomlagate.com

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!