Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How Can I Limit RS Comments to RS Blog

How Can I Limit RS Comments to RS Blog 13 years 4 months ago #11924

Hi

I've just bought RS Blog with RS Comments. I don't want any comments appearing anywhere on the site except on the blog. I have found out how to close comments using {rscomments off}, but the "comments closed" message appears.

I don't want any mention of comments on other pages. How do I disable RS Comments everywhere except the blog?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How Can I Limit RS Comments to RS Blog 13 years 4 months ago #11928

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

If you are referring to articles you can disable the commenting option globally. In the Components > RSComments! > Configuration > Comments area, you can select what section and categories shouldn't have comments enabled.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re: How Can I Limit RS Comments to RS Blog 12 years 6 months ago #14748

You can disable the "Content - RSComments" plugin.

Re:How Can I Limit RS Comments to RS Blog 12 years 3 months ago #15575

• Sooty57
  • Fresh Boarder
:unsure: I have selected various categories in the configuration section of rscomments, but the commenting input form still shows on the front end even if the category is not selected

Re:How Can I Limit RS Comments to RS Blog 5 years 1 month ago #38809

Go to "Components" - choose "RSComments!" form the drop down menu.
Click on Options at the right upper corner.
Choose the index tab List of comments. There, the second field from above can be changed (disabel comments in these joomla categories). Choose the categories you don'T want to show RSComments.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!