Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Redirect Loops

Redirect Loops 14 years 2 months ago #9633

Hi

Im working on a new website using RSforms and at the moment developing it locally on our internal server. I am however also pushing the files onto an external server so our client can view them. Im finding a lot when doing this that when trying to view rsfiles from the front end that i am getting errors saying:
This webpage has a redirect loop.

The webpage at xxxxx.com/index.php?option=com_rsfiles&view=files&Itemid=86 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

However clearing cookies doesnt fix this. Sometimes re-linking the menu item in joomla will fix it, but once i have even had to re-install the component to get it working again.

Ive also tried clearing all browser caches as well as the joomla cache itself. And my sef extension is turned off.

This error was coming from google chrome but i am seeing very similar although slightly differently worded errors on all browsers. And it is happening to other people on the site as well, not just me.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem or what would be causing it? Im loving this extension but this is getting quite frustrating.

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Redirect Loops 14 years 2 months ago #9713

Not sure if you got this issue fixed, but this is how it was fixed for me:

What seems to be the issue is when you move from a development environment to a production environment RSFiles still has the dev path for the downloads folder stored somewhere, so you need to reselect the downloads folder and reset the permissions. This seems to have fixed the looping issue for me.

Re:Redirect Loops 14 years 2 months ago #9740

Hi Michael

Thanks for your reply, i fixed it the hard way but if that problem pops up again, ill definately try that.

Thanks

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!