Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to change the layout view subfolders !

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 7 months ago #41525

Does anyone have experience how to change the subfolder layout when you have 40 or 50 subfolders?
Now it is a long row under each other, myself I would like to have it in 3 or 4 rows next to each other. All ideas are more than welcome.

I have tried several times with the RSJoomla team, but am not satisfied with the answer I get. They could really help me with a sample file, but apparently they don't have one. I find it a bit strange...

But through this way again my question, maybe a nice person knows how I can improve the layout (not a long row below each other).

Think of JDownloads that clearly offers a number of layouts and also describes how to adjust it. Phoca Download also applies this, why not RSFiles from RSJoomla while you have to pay RSFiles. I am not the only one who thinks this way. This tool is in need of a major update.

See link example JDownloads: Example JDownloads
See link example Phoca Download: Example Phoca Downloads

Hope someone responds with information that will help me further.
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by danny.branderhorst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 5 months ago #41619

Hereby I would like to indicate something, that RSJoomla responded to my question 2 weeks ago. This also helped me a lot with the looks of subfolders.
I would like to thank the RSJoomla team for their help. So herewith my apologies for my statement about RSJoomla which was not appropriate.
:)
If anyone might also want multiple subfolders side by side, please indicate that. Then I can possibly forward the default file that was modified by RSJoomla.

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 5 months ago #41654

Hi Danny,
I'm currently purchased and working now with RS Files and I', looking also for tiding up things in term of how folders and files are being displayed.
Please supply me the file to change the layout.
Thanks Alexander

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41663

Hello Alexander,

I will send you the file what are given by RSJoomla.

Personally i working (when i have time) on the layout and all other stuff of joomla.

I use override, so make first a backup of the following file:

/your site/templates/name of template/html/com_rsfiles/rsfiles/default.php

Then open the "default.php" file and copy all below inside the file and see whats happend.
<?php
/**
* @package RSFiles!
* @copyright (C) 2010-2014 www.rsjoomla.com
* @license GPL, http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
*/
defined( '_JEXEC' ) or die( 'Restricted access' ); ?>

<?php if ($this->params->get('show_page_heading') != 0) { ?>
<div class="page-header">
	<h1><?php echo $this->escape($this->params->get('page_heading')); ?></h1>
</div>
<?php } ?>

<div class="rsfiles-layout">
	<?php echo $this->loadTemplate('navbar'); ?>

<?php if (($this->config->show_pagination_position == 0 || $this->config->show_pagination_position == 2) && $this->pagination->pagesTotal > 1) { ?>
	<div class="com-rsfiles-files_navigation w-100 <?php echo !rsfilesHelper::isJ4() ? 'pagination' : ''; ?>">
		<p class="com-rsfiles-files_counter <?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('counter','pull-right')); ?>">
			<?php echo $this->pagination->getPagesCounter(); ?>
		</p>
		<div class="com-rsfiles-files_pagination">
			<?php echo $this->pagination->getPagesLinks(); ?>
		</div>
	</div>
	<?php } ?>

<?php if ($this->config->show_folder_desc == 1 && !empty($this->fdescription)) { ?>
	<div class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::card(); ?> mb-3">
		<div class="card-body">
			<?php echo $this->fdescription; ?>
		</div>
	</div>
	<?php } ?>

<form action="<?php echo htmlentities(JURI::getInstance(), ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8'); ?>" method="post" id="adminForm" name="adminForm">
		<table class="rsf_files table table-striped">
			<tbody>
				<?php if (!empty($this->items)) { ?>
<!--TEMPLATE OVERRIDE STARTS HERE -->	
				<?php 
					$chunks = array_chunk($this->items, 6);
					foreach ($chunks as $c => $chunk) {
						$chunkNr = count($chunk);

echo '<tr class="row'.($c%2).'">';
						foreach ($chunk as $item) {  ?>

<?php $fullpath		= $this->dld_fld.$this->ds.urldecode($item->fullpath) ; ?>
						<?php $path			= str_replace($this->config->download_folder.$this->ds, '', $fullpath);  ?>
						<?php $canDownload 	= rsfilesHelper::permissions('CanDownload',$path); ?>
						<?php $canDelete   	= rsfilesHelper::permissions('CanDelete',$path) || (rsfilesHelper::briefcase('deleteown') && $item->IdUser == $this->user->get('id')); ?>
						<?php if (!empty($item->DownloadLimit) && $item->Downloads >= $item->DownloadLimit) $canDownload = false; ?>

<td class="rsfiles-download-info">
						<?php $thumbnail = rsfilesHelper::thumbnail($item); ?>
						<?php if ($item->type != 'folder') { ?>
							<?php $download = rsfilesHelper::downloadlink($item,$item->fullpath); ?>
							<?php if ($canDownload && $this->config->direct_download) { ?>
							<?php if ($download->ismodal) { ?>
							<a class="rsfiles-file <?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="rsfiles_show_modal('<?php echo $download->dlink; ?>', '<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DOWNLOAD'); ?>', 600)" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
							<?php } else { ?>
							<a class="rsfiles-file <?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" href="<?php echo $download->dlink; ?>" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
							<?php } ?>
							<?php } else { ?>
							<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&layout=download&path='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="rsfiles-file <?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
							<?php } ?>
								<i class="rsfiles-file-icon <?php echo $item->icon; ?>"></i> <?php echo (!empty($item->filename) ? $item->filename : $item->name); ?>
							</a>

<br />

<?php if ($item->isnew) { ?>
							<span class="badge badge-info bg-info"><?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_NEW'); ?></span>
							<?php } ?>

<?php if ($item->popular) { ?>
								<span class="badge badge-success bg-success"><?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_POPULAR'); ?></span>
							<?php } ?>

<?php if ($this->config->list_show_version && !empty($item->fileversion)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_VERSION'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-code-branch"></i> <?php echo $item->fileversion; ?></span><?php } ?>
							<?php if ($this->config->list_show_license && !empty($item->filelicense)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip badge-license" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_LICENSE'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-flag"></i> <?php echo $item->filelicense; ?></span><?php } ?>
							<?php if ($this->config->list_show_size && !empty($item->size)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_SIZE'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-file"></i> <?php echo $item->size; ?></span><?php } ?>
							<?php if ($this->config->list_show_downloads && !empty($item->downloads)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_DOWNLOADS'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-download"></i> <?php echo $item->downloads; ?></span><?php } ?>

<?php } else { ?>
							<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&folder='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="<?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
								<i class="rsfiles-file-icon fa fa-folder"></i> <?php echo (!empty($item->filename) ? $item->filename : $item->name); ?>
							</a>
						<?php } ?>
					</td>

<?php }

if ($chunkNr != 6) {
							if ($td = 6 - $chunkNr) {
								for($j=0;$j<$td;$j++){
									echo '<td></td>';
								}
							}
						}
						echo '</tr>';
					}
				?>
<!--TEMPLATE OVERRIDE ENDS HERE -->	
<!-- The original listing of files and folders starts here -->	
				<?php /* foreach ($this->items as $i => $item) { ?>
				<?php $fullpath		= $this->dld_fld.$this->ds.urldecode($item->fullpath) ; ?>
				<?php $path			= str_replace($this->config->download_folder.$this->ds, '', $fullpath);  ?>
				<?php $canDownload 	= rsfilesHelper::permissions('CanDownload',$path); ?>
				<?php $canDelete   	= rsfilesHelper::permissions('CanDelete',$path) || (rsfilesHelper::briefcase('deleteown') && $item->IdUser == $this->user->get('id')); ?>
				<?php if (!empty($item->DownloadLimit) && $item->Downloads >= $item->DownloadLimit) $canDownload = false; ?>

<tr class="row<?php echo $i % 2; ?>">
					<td class="rsfiles-download-info">
						<?php $thumbnail = rsfilesHelper::thumbnail($item); ?>
							<?php $download = rsfilesHelper::downloadlink($item,$item->fullpath); ?>
							<a class="rsfiles-file <?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="rsfiles_show_modal('<?php echo $download->dlink; ?>', '<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DOWNLOAD'); ?>', 600)" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
							<?php } else { ?>
							<a class="rsfiles-file <?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" href="<?php echo $download->dlink; ?>" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
							<?php } ?>
							<?php } else { ?>
							<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&layout=download&path='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="rsfiles-file <?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
							<?php } ?>
								<i class="rsfiles-file-icon <?php echo $item->icon; ?>"></i> <?php echo (!empty($item->filename) ? $item->filename : $item->name); ?>
							</a>

<br />

<?php if ($item->isnew) { ?>
							<span class="badge badge-info bg-info"><?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_NEW'); ?></span>
							<?php } ?>

<?php if ($item->popular) { ?>
								<span class="badge badge-success bg-success"><?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_POPULAR'); ?></span>
							<?php } ?>

<?php if ($this->config->list_show_version && !empty($item->fileversion)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_VERSION'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-code-branch"></i> <?php echo $item->fileversion; ?></span><?php } ?>
							<?php if ($this->config->list_show_license && !empty($item->filelicense)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip badge-license" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_LICENSE'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-flag"></i> <?php echo $item->filelicense; ?></span><?php } ?>
							<?php if ($this->config->list_show_size && !empty($item->size)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_SIZE'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-file"></i> <?php echo $item->size; ?></span><?php } ?>
							<?php if ($this->config->list_show_downloads && !empty($item->downloads)) { ?><span class="<?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('badge')); ?> hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_FILE_DOWNLOADS'); ?>"><i class="fa fa-download"></i> <?php echo $item->downloads; ?></span><?php } ?>

<?php } else { ?>
							<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&folder='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="<?php echo $thumbnail->class; ?>" title="<?php echo $thumbnail->image; ?>">
								<i class="rsfiles-file-icon fa fa-folder"></i> <?php echo (!empty($item->filename) ? $item->filename : $item->name); ?>
							</a>
						<?php } ?>
					</td>
					<?php if ($this->config->list_show_date) { ?><td><?php if ($item->type != 'folder') echo $item->dateadded; ?></td><?php } ?>
					<td>
						<a class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DOWNLOAD'); ?>" href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="rsfiles_show_modal('<?php echo $download->dlink; ?>', '<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DOWNLOAD'); ?>', 600);">
						<?php } else { ?>
						<a class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DOWNLOAD'); ?>" href="<?php echo $download->dlink; ?>">
						<?php } ?>
						<?php } else { ?>
						<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&layout=download&path='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DOWNLOAD'); ?>">
						<?php } ?>
							<i class="fa fa-download fa-fw"></i>
						</a>

<?php if ($this->config->show_details) { ?>
						<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&layout=details&path='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DETAILS'); ?>">
							<i class="fa fa-list fa-fw"></i>
						</a>
						<?php } */ ?>
<!-- The original listing of files and folders ends here -->						
						<?php if ($canDownload) { ?>
							<?php $properties	= rsfilesHelper::previewProperties($item->id, $item->fullpath); ?>
							<?php $extension	= $properties['extension']; ?>
							<?php $size			= $properties['size']; ?>

<?php if (in_array($extension, rsfilesHelper::previewExtensions()) && $item->show_preview) { ?>
							<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="rsfiles_show_modal('<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&layout=preview&tmpl=component&path='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>', '<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_PREVIEW'); ?>', <?php echo $size['height']; ?>, '<?php echo $properties['handler']; ?>');" class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_PREVIEW'); ?>">
								<i class="fa fa-search fa-fw"></i>
							</a>
							<?php } ?>
						<?php } ?>

<?php if ($canDownload && $this->config->show_bookmark && !$item->FileType) { ?>
						<a href="javascript:void(0);" class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo rsfilesHelper::isBookmarked($item->fullpath) ? JText::_('COM_RSFILES_NAVBAR_FILE_IS_BOOKMARKED') : JText::_('COM_RSFILES_NAVBAR_BOOKMARK_FILE'); ?>" onclick="rsf_bookmark('<?php echo JURI::root(); ?>','<?php echo $this->escape(addslashes(urldecode($item->fullpath))); ?>','<?php echo $this->briefcase ? 1 : 0; ?>','<?php echo $this->app->input->getInt('Itemid',0); ?>', this)">
							<i class="<?php echo rsfilesHelper::isBookmarked($item->fullpath) ? 'fa' : 'far'; ?> fa-bookmark fa-fw"></i>
						</a>
						<?php } ?>

<?php if ($canDelete) { ?>
						<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&task=rsfiles.delete&path='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_NAVBAR_DELETE'); ?>" onclick="if (!confirm('<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DELETE_FILE_MESSAGE',true); ?>')) return false;">
							<i class="fa fa-trash fa-fw"></i>
						</a>
						<?php } */ ?>

<?php } else if ($item->type == 'folder') (echo $item->filesnumber;) } ?> 

<?php if ($canDelete) { ?>
							<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_rsfiles&task=rsfiles.delete&folder='.rsfilesHelper::encode($item->fullpath).$this->itemid); ?>" class="hasTooltip" title="<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_NAVBAR_DELETE'); ?>" onclick="if (!confirm('<?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_DELETE_MESSAGE',true); ?>')) return false;">
								<i class="fa fa-trash fa-fw"></i>
							</a>
							<?php } ?>

<?php } ?>
					</td>
				</tr>
				<?php } */ ?>	
				<?php } else { ?>
				<tr>
					<td colspan="6"><?php echo JText::_('COM_RSFILES_NO_FILES'); ?></td>
				</tr>
				<?php } ?>
			</tbody>
		</table>

<input type="hidden" name="task" value="" />
		<input type="hidden" name="filter_order" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->listOrder); ?>" />
		<input type="hidden" name="filter_order_Dir" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->listDirn); ?>" />
	</form>

<?php if (($this->config->show_pagination_position == 1 || $this->config->show_pagination_position == 2) && $this->pagination->pagesTotal > 1) { ?>
	<div class="com-rsfiles-files_navigation w-100 <?php echo !rsfilesHelper::isJ4() ? 'pagination' : ''; ?>">
		<p class="com-rsfiles-files_counter <?php echo RSFilesAdapterGrid::styles(array('counter','pull-right')); ?>">
			<?php echo $this->pagination->getPagesCounter(); ?>
		</p>
		<div class="com-rsfiles-files_pagination">
			<?php echo $this->pagination->getPagesLinks(); ?>
		</div>
	</div>
	<?php } ?>
</div>

<?php if ($this->config->modal == 1) echo JHtml::_('bootstrap.renderModal', 'rsfRsfilesModal', array('title' => '', 'bodyHeight' => 70)); ?>

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41665

Hi Danny,

thank you for sending over the file.

Apparently it is not working! Are you using it how you provided it here, or was it just the "base" where you started developing your code from? Perhaps there is part of the code missing!?! Can you provide it as the file you are using it? Ususally you an attach files to a post.

Regards Alexander

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41666

I really don't know how could add the file, maybe you could send me a email address where i can upload this? I search for you but i can not find it. Thats the reason that i copy past the script.

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41667

Hi Danny,

you are right. I cannot see ANY possibility to attach a file nor to send a private message to you. Perhaps the Forum moderator can help out?!?

In the mean time, I setup a tmp mail address: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Please sen it to that address, it will be deleted shortly.

thx Alexander

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41668

Hello Alexander,

Please click on the link below to download the original file that i received from RSJoomla.

Filename: default.zip

Unpack this and copy this to the templates/com_rsfiles/rsfiles/

default.php

I never do this before and hope that this will work. Please let me know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexander.hammer

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41669

Hi Danny,

this worked. Thank you!

Have you done also alterations to it or you are just using it as "delivered" from RSJoomla?

Thx Alexander

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41682

Very sorry for my late repsonse. But i used a lot of download managers at the moment and i dont have time to combine things. but i could give you a copy of what i used at the moment.

Please let me know if you want it for trying or compare. I just dont know exaclty what kind of changes i already made.

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 4 months ago #41683

Hi Danny,

Yes this would be great to see what you have done. Pease send over the file, as last time.

I played around with the copy that was given by you and changed the amount of columns. As I don't have that much categories, two/three columns are fine. This looks good already.

What would be nice - to see in your "work" - is the amount of files a category contains, for example: category_name (12), ...

thx Alexander

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 3 months ago #41731

Hello Alexander, sorry but i could not give quicker a respons. But i just start all over here, because i doing something wrong.

Website are: www.db-communciations.nl

And check the following link, temporary:
db-communications.nl/index.php/test-envi...sf003-communications

Also check topmenu item:
test environment

Inside you could see a lot of different components for downloading. I will using RSFiles when i finished, also used bootstrap, so i make a override of www.db-communications.nl\media\jui\css\bootstrap.min.css

Then making some changes:
www.db-communications.nl\templates\dbcom_20211021db01\html\com_rsfiles\rsfiles
default.php
details.php

What i want are the first view of folders 4 rows horizontal, and when you click on a folder, you go into the subfolders (also 4 rows horizontal), and then you will find and see the files like RSFiles will generate original.

All works, but now i will check and try the first main folder view, second the subfolders view. These i need to change, but files view need to look original.

It takes time but, step by step i come closer to my idea's. Just try and try and rfead a lot on the internet how fixed and change the scripts.

Dont hassitate to contact me, my site are not finnished but i do most if the think by myself, its just fun to do. If you need files ore something about RSfiles, don't shame, just ask.

Greetings Danny.

How to change the layout view subfolders ! 2 years 1 week ago #41976

Hello Alexander, how are you? And do you fixed your settings?

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!