Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: "Preview" disappears after access rights setting

"Preview" disappears after access rights setting 7 years 2 weeks ago #36712

• kuk
  • Fresh Boarder
I installed the RSFiles, make all settings and uploaded the first folders and files directly.

All images and PDF's had the "Preview" possiblity. I am not sure when it happens but I believe it occurred when I set the rights to the main (and all subfolders) for groups. Afterwards the "Preview" function disappeared. I get it back of course when I go into single file settings. But this is a mess (too much files).

Is there a way to get the "Preview" back for all files on the fly, as general setting, per script, ... ?

My settings: RSFiles 1.16.1, Joomla 3.6.5, PHP 7.0.15, MySQL 5.6, IIS 7.5
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Preview" disappears after access rights setting 7 years 2 weeks ago #36713

• kuk
  • Fresh Boarder
I fixed this in dtabase directly using PHPMyAdmin with matching SQL scripts.

"Preview" disappears after access rights setting 3 years 2 months ago #40944

It seems this issue is still happening. I set access rights on a number of categories and after doing so, the preview icon disappeared. Each document has to be individually set to show the preview. This seems like a strange behavior. With over 300 documents uploaded, I too will have to fix in the database.

Any tips on how to do it would be great. I'm sort of familiar with PHPmyAdmin, but not fully confident.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!