Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: listing files and folders

listing files and folders 7 years 1 month ago #36668

I am switching from Jdownloads to RSfiles, I like the way RSfiles works from the backend, however my downloads root folder structure is one that contains multiple folders, so inside the root folder I have8 main folders, inside these are further sub folders.

I want to be able to create a single link to the root that shows the main folders with descriptions, and each one clickable to enter.

If I select RSFiles list from the menu option it only allows me to list content from a single sub folder and I need it to be the root folder.

My hierarchy is like this

Downloads
Specifications
Product group A
Product Group B
Manuals
Product Group A

ETC

How can this be achieved please.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

listing files and folders 7 years 4 weeks ago #36683

I am assuming that this forum is not in any way monitored by the creators of RSFiles.
That is very poor.

listing files and folders 6 years 6 months ago #37464

• xingu
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Kind of what the big message says on each page. LOL

listing files and folders 2 years 8 months ago #41465

Hello, I am also using jdownloads for years. But something interesting with RSFILES. Do you know already how make the subfolders visible at 4 rows horizontal? Just like jdowloads. At the moment It shows a long row subfolders below each other, vertical.
All info are welcome.

listing files and folders 2 years 7 months ago #41523

Does anyone have experience how to change the subfolder layout when you have 40 or 50 subfolders?
Now it is a long row under each other, myself I would like to have it in 3 or 4 rows next to each other. All ideas are more than welcome.

I have tried several times with the RSJoomla team, but am not satisfied with the answer I get. They could really help me with a sample file, but apparently they don't have one. I find it a bit strange...

But through this way again my question, maybe a nice person knows how I can improve the layout (not a long row below each other).

Think of JDownloads that clearly offers a number of layouts and also describes how to adjust it. Phoca Download also applies this, why not RSFiles from RSJoomla while you have to pay RSFiles. I am not the only one who thinks this way. This tool is in need of a major update.

Hope someone responds with information that will help me further.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!