Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: /downloads folder got hacked

/downloads folder got hacked 8 years 4 months ago #33241

• willkey
  • Junior Boarder
  • smart, engaged, and curious
hi there, my site was hacked in the /downloads folder portion of the root directory. that's the folder i designated for rsfiles. i have since secured it. how would someone have gained access to upload to this folder?
-- remember where you've been...it helps with where you're going!

:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

/downloads folder got hacked 8 years 3 months ago #33689

• loneildo
  • Fresh Boarder
up

/downloads folder got hacked 8 years 3 months ago #33693

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
The fact that you found a malicious file in the /downloads folder, doesn't imply that the upload took place through RSFiles!. It would be best to track down the hacker activity through server side logs and try to determine how the actual hack took place.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: loneildo

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!