Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RS Files Permissions and Front-End display

RS Files Permissions and Front-End display 8 years 6 months ago #32727

• sales065
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a setting to deny folder access to all user groups?

I currently have a folder called "Company 1" that only users in the group "Company 1" have access to. I set the permissions on the folder "Company 2" to only allow users in the "Company 2" group and it correctly hides the folder from Company 1 users. Unfortunately, if I add a new folder called "Company 3", users in the group "Company 1" see that folder by default.

I would like to restrict the initial folder access to only the "Staff" group so that I can individually grant access to the correct client. Is this a setting or something that is possible without having to go through multiple steps (I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible for the end-user).

Currently, I need to create the folder, edit the folder and set the permissions on the folder to only include the user groups I want. I want to default to no access for anyone except those groups specified in the Settings screen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!