Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Upload to root from front-end?

Upload to root from front-end? 11 years 5 months ago #20164

I'm overlooking the ability to share the root files among several registered or "special" users of joomla site. The briefcase option works perfect for the single user while logged in but not what I'm looking for shared files.
Basically, this company needs to have their sales agents to log into the site to periodically download new pdf contracts that get updated frequently and preferably uploaded from a registered admin from the front end.
Is this a feature?
I'm stumped at the moment.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upload to root from front-end? 8 years 2 months ago #34047

• adam2410
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I'm looking for the same option.

Did you get any answer to this? Upload and share across all users?

Thanks

Upload to root from front-end? 8 years 2 months ago #34066

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
adam2410 wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for the same option.

Did you get any answer to this? Upload and share across all users?

Thanks

The RSFiles! briefcase feature is designed to provide a private area for each user.

If you need to share the file for multiple users, you can set up individual groups via the RSFiles! Groups area and limit the access per file or folder (the file itself would be placed in the Downloads folder).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Upload to root from front-end? 8 years 2 months ago #34090

• adam2410
  • Fresh Boarder
Would you please guide me step by step how to set this up? I can't figure it out.
Thanks a lot.

Upload to root from front-end? 8 years 2 months ago #34102

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Head over to RSFiles! > Groups and set up the group that will be allowed to upload files from the frontend area (and maintain them).

Next, head over to RSFiles! > Files, navigate to the desired folder. Within the permissions section specify which RSFIles! group will have maintenance permissions.

This is all to it.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!