Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Briefcase User Name folders, instead of User ID

Briefcase User Name folders, instead of User ID 11 years 9 months ago #17984

• jlopez6398
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I just purchased RSFiles, and love it, it is the perfect comp for what I need.

I do have one small issue, and that is with the Briefcase and folder creation. When a new folder is created, is uses the user ID to create that folder, and I was wondering if there was a way to make it use the user name instead.

If you need more information, please let me know.
Joomla 2.5.4
RSTickets!
RSFormPro!
RSEvents!
RSFiles!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Briefcase User Name folders, instead of User ID 11 years 9 months ago #18088

• jlopez6398
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay, so after talking with support this is not something that can be easily done within the comp, so I had to come up with another solution and here is what I came up with.

WARNING: This change does require you to change a core file. Before you make any changes be sure to make complete back ups, I am not responsible for any crashes or issues that occur on your system due to this change.

So here is where I was struggling. Using our old system we would transfer files between our company and the clients using a "briefcase", RSFiles! was the first comp that I found that allowed for personal folders and allowed for the same files (or same named files) to be uploaded. The current comp as written makes it very difficult to locate a users folder unless you knew their USER ID, and in a case where you have thousands of accounts, this could get a little dicey...

To start, I am currently using Joomla! 2.5.4, I have not tested it with any other builds so make these changes at your own risk.

First to start, you need to know the location of where RSFiles is storing the briefcase folders. In my example I am using WAMP so the file location is local, but yours will be different.

So here is where my files are being store:
D:\wamp\vhosts\site_com\downloads\briefcase\ (which is translated to D%3A%5Cwamp%5Cvhosts%5Cfsi-inc_com%5Cdownloads%5CBriefcase%5C

You can find your location by clicking on the "Set Briefcase Folder" (as a side note the location should be shown somewhere in the settings rather than having to go into "set" option to see it).

Once you have the location we are ready to get started. (Refer to WARNING at the top of the page).

The file we are going to change is the edit.php template file and is located in:
\administrator\components\com_users\views\user\tmpl

This is a fairly small change change but you are going to want to scroll down to the bottom of the file (on mine it was about line 76 and insert the following code as the list item, but before the form.token task.

Here is the piece of code that you need to add:
<fieldset class="panelform">
<legend><?php echo JText::_('COM_USERS_BRIEFCASE'); ?></legend>
<a href="index.php?option=com_rsfiles&task=files&root=briefcase_folder&folder=D%3A%5Cwamp%5Cvhosts%5Csite_com%5Cdownloads%5CBriefcase%5C<?php echo $this->item->id ?>">User Briefcase</a>
</fieldset>

So what we are telling it to do is create a link in the user profile "edit" form in the administrator view that adds a panel with with a link to the User Briefcase and it should look like this:

The last thing you will need to do is add the COM_USERS_BRIEFCASE="RSFiles! Personal Briefcase" to the bottom of your en-GB.com_users.ini in \administrator\language\en-GB

I hope this helps someone else and please if you have any questions I will do what I can to help.
Joomla 2.5.4
RSTickets!
RSFormPro!
RSEvents!
RSFiles!
Last Edit: 11 years 9 months ago by jlopez6398. Reason: Formatting
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayabusa hitsugaya

Re: Briefcase User Name folders, instead of User ID 11 years 7 months ago #18759

• j37h3r
  • Fresh Boarder
This works on LAMP:

%2Fhome%2Fcontent%2Fhtml%2Fbriefcases%2F
Last Edit: 11 years 7 months ago by j37h3r.

Briefcase User Name folders, instead of User ID 10 years 10 months ago #23312

• lmarkus
  • Fresh Boarder
I 'm trying the change of post of jlopez6398, but i need to replace automatically the folder's ID with User's name, (without to permitt access to backend to anyone). There is someone that has another solution?
Thank to all (and sorry for my english!) :blush:

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!